One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Well, she looks like the BLACK widow now rather than
the Blue Widow. HT improved the figure in almost every way.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Well, she looks like the BLACK widow now rather than the Blue Widow. HT improved the figure in almost every way.
Well, that seems to be true as between IM2 BW and CAWS BW but I'm not so sure that CAWS BW is an improvement on Avengers BW.

That size difference is a big surprise though -- bad news for anybody who might have wanted to display these two or three together as "Evolution of BW's look," being one consistent person. I guess Hot Toys cares that 52 suits of armor can consistently be displayed side by side for Iron Man, but doesn't think anybody would ever display 2 Black Widows together.

I wonder now which is the outlier, and whether IM2 BW is a bit big or CAWS BW is a bit small as HT females go. If memory serves, the A BW (which is the one I have) seemed in comparison photographs to be made smaller then IM2 BW, but not so much that it obviously couldn't represent the same person in identical scale. So I guess it goes: IM2 BW (large) > A BW (Medium) > CAWS BW (Small), and the conclusion is that ScarJo must be shrinking. Maybe they're secretly making her The Wasp. :lol.

·
1:1 Humanoid Automaton
284 Posts
The first BW was too tall, but HT had a new body design to show off and didn't care if the height was correct. The 2nd BW is much better perportion in my opinion, but the legs were the shortest of any HT fem body I own (and I own alot of them).
The new BW has a better likeness of ScarJo face wise but the the head seems large to me, perhaps this is because the body is the shortest of the bunch, maybe if the head was on a bigger body it would look normal? For now I think the 2nd's BW is the best or at least until the A2 movie ver is shown.

·
AKA Nigel...
5,053 Posts
Great pictorial review and very useful comparison shots, thank you:)

I'd almost forgotten I had this on pre-order (takes a little longer here in the UK) but I'm glad now that I didn't bother with the first two - I so almost bought the second one. This head sculpt is incredible, can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I like her as well - these pics make her look good especially in contrast to the IM2 BW where she is a dramatic improvement. Again the "missing link" is Avengers BW, and I think she achieved a similar improvement. So as between A BW and this one CAWS BW, both are better than the IM2 BW, but I'm not sure either one is "better" than the other. I suspect the improvement from IM2 is clear and objective but ranking btwn parallel A BW and CAWS BW may come down to personal preference. I look forward to someone doing a three-way photo comparison (but the number of people who bought all 3 versions and kept them intact as BWs may be small).

·
Registered
338 Posts
I currently have the Avengers figure, and I'm very seriously considering 'trading up' to this one, as I like the hairstyle and the bodysuit is more visually interesting with the different materials.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exellent Pics, Thanks You !

Is it possible to show both Heads together in one close up view ? The size of the new one looks bigger than the old one. And its good to see than what is changed on the sculpt.
Was too lazy to pop off heads, so hope this helps gauge head size. It's hard to tell, visually, because the IM2 version has bigger hair. Haven't bothered to take any measurements either...

Attachments

·
Lurker
333 Posts
Here are some comparison photos I nabbed off BBICN a while ago.

The new head definitely looks bigger. I think it's mostly due to the squarer jaw and the parted hair showing more of the head overall. I don't really like it that much, because I really don't like the hair, but I think the new one looks the most like Scarlett.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Excellent, that's the 3 way comparison I wanted to see, thanks. Got to give HT credit for making everything new and not reusing parts even where the difference wd be small.

I think in a hypothetical world where I was choosing one (and price, collectibility etc weren't issues) I could go with A BW or CAWS BW almost evenly. The sculpt on CAWS BW seems more natural in texture, but she's got this big eyes, almost hypnotized stare that doesn't work for me so much.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts