One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting on the rest of the parts but here's as far as I've gotten on my bashed Hellboy.

I've been planning for awhile to use an ACE body as well as some new paint and a few other minor mods to create a better Hellboy. I got started with what I have at the moment by putting wire in his coat with really helps it hang with some semblance of gravity. I was also a bit amazed that Hellboy's pants fit the ACE body no problem at all. So far I have wired the bottom hem as well as the vertical hem along the buttons. I still need to wire the vertical hems along the vent in the back as well as the caplet's hem.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have added wire to the caplet and collar. You may not be able to see a big difference but to me it's worth it. Also Kuato has kindly offered to do the paint work for me so once I have gotten the parts and bashed the body together with the SS parts it's off to Kuato for paint. I am very excited about that as I'm a big fan of his work.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looking good! It's amazing how fluid he looks, just standing still. You have an eye for whatever it is that transforms a figure from a chuck of stiff plastic into a living thing. Can't wait to see him finished out.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should have Abe done about the same time as Hellboy. He's going to have a painted body by Kuato as well. Ignore the dusty head and broken belt. My Abe has seen better days and I have a new one coming from ebay, you can get them pretty cheap.

The Hot Toys body seems about perfect scale a proportion for Abe when compared to Hellboy on an ACE body. It's just a little shorter and slimmer.

·
The Man of Steel
130 Posts
That Abe looks SIC was actually thinking of doing that as well but wasnt to sure about the head fitting..looks reall good

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since I have extra Abe parts as I'm buying a second to replace the jacked up parts of the old one I have (it's on it's way, should be here mid-late next week) I'm experimenting with how to adapt the hands. I'd like to keep the HT wrist joint and I'd also like the style of the arms to match the style of the legs (painted HT body not sculpted arms as on the SS original). So I chopped off the hand and created a socket for the HT wrist peg using a variety of methods. I learned a bunch doing this and the final product would likely be better.

All that said, what do you guys think? Should I do this or just stick with grafting the SS arms more or less intact onto the HT body? Oddly I think doing this method (separate hands with wrist articulation) would be less work.

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
Since I have extra Abe parts as I'm buying a second to replace the jacked up parts of the old one I have (it's on it's way, should be here mid-late next week) I'm experimenting with how to adapt the hands. I'd like to keep the HT wrist joint and I'd also like the style of the arms to match the style of the legs (painted HT body not sculpted arms as on the SS original). So I chopped off the hand and created a socket for the HT wrist peg using a variety of methods. I learned a bunch doing this and the final product would likely be better.

All that said, what do you guys think? Should I do this or just stick with grafting the SS arms more or less intact onto the HT body? Oddly I think doing this method (separate hands with wrist articulation) would be less work.

Regarding your question the wrist articulation, I really like what you have done. I would leave it that way. I have done some of that with other figures and the result is always enjoyable and it looks good. The added articulation is good to have. Nice job you are making want to pull my Hellboy out and work him over to make him better.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts