One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a WIP for all you bashers on a budget. I picked up some of the $5-7 SOTW figs KBToys has recently been selling. I saw PMC potential in the "U.S Army Special Ops: Operation Iraqi Freedom" figure's shemagh and jeans.

The biggest challenge was that SOTW clothes are way oversized on the DML figure I had handy. I literally re-tailored the inseams and butt of the jeans to fit the smaller waisted DML figure. That was the biggest customization.

Of course, adding a new SS CIRAS vest sort of blows the budget. Some pouches will set me back more money. I envision upgrading parts like weapon, molded hat, and shoes, but am having fun starting the project whilst shopping for parts.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Sometimes a simple bash may turned out to be nice and sweet looking and i think yours is one of them :thumb

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback grizzerr, Big_Dave, uramegak, Kuroi, and newbie!

Big_Dave: when you say wash, you mean just throw 'em in the laundry, right? Did it change the color at all? (Not the the color is classic Levi color or anything...)

Does anyone make newer Oakey type gloves that are compatible with DML figures, or would I just retrofit BBI-type ones? Would these Store-rooms gloves work, for example?

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
You can use BBi hands on a DML body, just a matter of snipping off the end of the peg or something, if I recall. If they're loose in the arm, wrap some teflon tape [or plastic or paper] around the peg til its snug, if its too big, just drill it out a little.

Nice source and rework on your PMC, he's looking snazzy. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.