One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I thought I'd share what I've been tinkering with lately.

A little while ago I got a random bag of 1/6th parts, mostly old GI Joe stuff, and in that bag was a pair of snow shoes. They started out missing straps and in plain white plastic, so I slapped some paint on them and made some strapping out of hockey tape.

I still have some work to do to him, and the shoes, but it's coming along pretty well.

As always, would love to get some feedback or suggestions!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Looking really good, I like the gear up over the whites. Even better, shot out in the real snow. Winter warfare is brutal stuff, but fascinating to see.

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Great outdoor shots. First time I saw winter version Brits. It turned out quite nice. It would be perfect if you could put some foot prints behind him.:applause

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Looking good!

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
That's a great looking figure Travis! I like the weathering a lot.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Great figure, and a perfect outdoor setting.

I don't think the British Army ever used snowshoes in WW2, so you might be better off calling him Canadian as that seems more likely.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot, folks :)
ActinoMan, appreciate the heads up, I wasn't entirely sure about the accuracy, I thought they could fit on a Nordic Commando raid or something...but making him a Canadian can work for me, too!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Very nice, man.

Those snow shoes certainly look the part now. And, they appear to work pretty well, too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts