One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have deliberately kept this guy quiet ambiguous as to what unit he is from, so anyone buying him can tailor him to any unit, although he does carry a 24 Air Mobile badge on his left arm, just as it was my old mob.

Hope you like him, oh, the sign says stop in Arabic by the way!

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
absolutely awesome man, love the helmet. Really really love the stop sign touch. Only one problem. the native languages of Afghanistan are Pashtu and Dari (Persian or Farsi), same alphabet as arabic, different language. So you got the stop sign right for Iraq with Stop in Arabic [Qaf] Looks just like it, I've spent some time in the Arabic Speakign Mid East, but it would have a different word for Farsi in Afghanistan, I think its prounced "aysat". Unfortunately this dialog box doesn't support the Arabic alphabet so I can't type it in. But its awesome to see someoen take the time to put that together. I hope I havent been too much of a smart alec here, I'm student majoring in Arabic and History, so I'm a complete dork with stuff like this. Feel free to hate me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks IrishJoe as i couldn't find any reference to the Afghan i had to find what i could on google, nice to know though.
As far as the helmet tape goes its normal electrical black tape 1.1 scale which looks a lot like the real thing

Phil

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
stop sign

hey man just thoughtd id throw this in. great job, looks just like it. i snapped this one in upper egypt, Stop is in english at the bottom cause this was taken at a town with a lot of tourism for diving on the red sea.

Attachments

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Terrific job on your gunner, Philster. He bears a passing resmblance to Steve McQueen. The base is sharp work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts