One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-this is a historical representation of a terrible horror, it's not gorey or distasteful but please beware of the historical content, it's not to stir up trouble and i hope it doesn't offend anybody-

on the 30th of last month, in 1933 Hitler became chancellor of Germany and would go on to dictate the deaths of the 6 million and more..
As the war ended the Allied forces unwittingly discovered the atrocities of the Nazi régime as they pushed eastward.
This is a British Soldier during the liberation of Bergen-Belsen who can't believe his eyes

here's the diorama on its own;

the sign i based this one on is pictured below

thanks for looking, take care

in memory

·
Registered
118 Posts
Offensive? Not at all. The diorama you set up is to represent or remember the horrors and brutality of the Nazi regime. This an Allied soldier liberating a camp during the ending days of WW2. Thats cool, but if you had an SS soldier set up in that diorama then that would be an negative uproar. But if you decide to put an nazi there show camp prisoners or allied soldiers smashing his head with clubs or rifle butts. overall great dio.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
nice job to touch on the memory with reverence and honor.

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aye, the grandfather of one my teachers was also at Belsen, he'd never talk about it either.
Thanks for the comments

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
TS, you've treated the subject honorably. The choice of HS in particular is striking for the emotion you're trying to convey with this scene. One of the most striking photos I've ever seen is of a big strapping G.I. at one of the camps during it's liberation, and the horror of what he's seeing is very close to your chosen HS...one of stunned silence. Very well done custom.

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks again for the comments. stunned silence is what i was trying to get across, the camera really succeeded in doing it i think

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Well done memorial TS. The care you put into making this dio and into the presentation of it here really show that you mean to pay your respects to them. I don't think anyone could think badly of your efforts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.