One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you lads much appreciated. I am messing around and learning how to use the camera at the moment so as soon as I get a decent setting I am happy with I will do a 360 set so you can all see it better and with more details. Very grateful for the comments especially when you both know about figures and have been in the game a long time. Great to see you are still about Lurpdog. Hope you are doing ok in this crazy world we live in lol. Sorry for the late reply. I am coming and going at the moment and I am not always in front of the pc but as soon as I see someone has commented I will post a reply. Look after yourselves lads and stay safe. Bows

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,198 Posts
A very nice piece of work. You have got everything nicely weathered, looking well-worn and so that it actually fits. But most of all you have caught the humanity, which I always believe is the single most important thing in a figure : does he look alive? Yes he does.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh man thank you so much for all of your kind comments!!! I am blown away and honored that you have all posted comments like you have and when I see comments coming from long time collectors like yourselves I know I have done a good job and especially when I see comments coming from members like Tony Barton aka the special one!!! ( Sorry Mr Barton but that is my nickname for you when I speak to other friends who are in to 1/6th scale figures ) You have no idea how much love and respect I have for your work and to see you post the comment you have it has just knocked me off my feet and is something I will always remember!!! I know many others will not mind me saying this when I say you are one of the finest if not the finest 1/6th scale kitbasher in the UK if not the world so to get such kind comments and words which you have expressed in your post directed at my first major project I am just blown away and can not thank you enough. I have been collecting 1/6th scale and posting on OSW for many years now and I have learned so much from so many of you over the years and many of you have seen me post pictures of my figures from before I even considered putting my hands to kitbashing so I can not thank you all enough when I see seasoned collectors and kitbashers leaving me such kind comments like you all have and it will give me the inspiration I need to continue kitbashing 1/6th scale figures and I just hope I can produce more figures like my Marine and get the comments and support I have been given since I first posted pictures of my Royal Marine like you all have. I apologize for my long winded reply but I have nothing but respect for so many of you and it is great to see others like Firefighter and the special one still here on OSW and posting such fantastic work like you all have for so many years and work that has inspired me and taught me enough so I could do my first serious project since I first joined so many years ago. I have had so many good people help and support me in the times I have been in and out of the hobby and so I owe you all for teaching me how to model 1/6th figures. I also want to apologize for my late reply as sadly I do not log in to OSW as much as I used to because every time I did OSW wasn't as busy as it used to be and so I am now joined up to 1/6thBrit & OnesixthUK on Facebook as well as a few other Facebook groups and if I had known I had comments from people like Firefighter and the Special One I would of replied asap so I hope you can all forgive me for the late reply and long winded reply lol but seeing the replies I have received and by collectors and model makers I have great respect for leaves me no option but to reply the way I have. I really look forward to catching up with you all to see how everyone is doing and if anyone is joined to the groups I listed or have a facebook page then please get in contact with me so we may catch up via those platforms so I do not leave it as long as I have to reply to your comments. (Lee Hicks) Thank you again Mr Barton it's been an honor and privilege to receive such kind words from you and I am a true supporter of your figures and I look forward to seeing more of your stunning world class work in the future and Firefighter it is great to see you are still here and still leaving me comments like you always have as well as the help and support you have given me any time I have messaged you in private. I am very grateful mate and look forward to speaking with you to see how you are getting on in these troubled time. God bless you all and thanks again!!! Bows

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all kindly fo your comments. Everyone has been so complimentary about my Royal Marine which has blown me away and after years of always saying a WIP figure or I just need to do the weathering I am honored that so many of you who I have the utmost respect for and have learned so much from just by studying everyone's fantastic pictures of everyone's work now know I could actually do the weathering and could do a half decent job and i was not just saying i could do it. I am now gaining enough confidence to crack on and do my next project which I am pleased to say is well on it's way to completion and only needs the base and weapon completed to get him finished but whether he get's the same amount of attention and praise remains to be seen and I just hope he turns out as good as the Marine did and everyone likes it the same as they do my first proper project in years. I can not thank you all enough as I am a self taught model maker and have only really had the pictures to study and the advice from others since joining up and getting in to the hobby and without having so many good people around me and fantastic kitbashes to study I would never have even bothered trying my hand at it. I apologize about my walls of text and the way I might come across sometimes but I really feel I have to give out credit where it is due as well as explain to certain people how much of an influence they have been as well as inspiration so to get comments the way I have from them is something I never thought I would get in my wildest dreams when I first started so it is truly a dream come true in many respects. Well I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn and my feet are firmly on the ground as this is only my first proper kitbash and I am still a noob but at least I know I am going in the right direction and I look forward to seeing more fantastic work I can learn from and hope to get the same results with my next project which I hope to complete in the next few weeks. I wish you all the best and can not thank you all enough. Message me any time and if you have any constructive criticism or think I could change certain things to get it correct then please go ahead and be as honest as you can as like i said i am still new and i am still learning so i will keep making the odd mistake especially as i never served before and only know certain things about the military so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Have a fantastic week all and thanks again for your kind comments. Regards. Hicks. Bows

1 - 14 of 14 Posts