One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this set of shorts for a holiday we are going on in September. I wanted something to put bits and bobs in secure.

Anyways this set of desert shorts arrived which appear to be a totally alien camo design.
I have collection of British desert kit from 1980 to 2007 camo prints and this don't fit at all.
I have the trial sparse pattern which is 2 colour , i have the 4 colour Iraq sale pants.

The base print is the sparse with introduction of a 3rd colour that ghosts the joins of what would be yellow/green in the woodland print.
The pants also have OD green slot buttons which is odd as sand colour ones have been on the market since 2000'ish.
The maker is also RARE as British DPM is made by Compton & Webb,Supercraft Garments and Remploy.

If anyone has any info on this item can you please advise .

·
Registered
548 Posts
Interesting. I cannot offer a definite explanation but only conjecture but I would say that this is not a military issue item but probably made by a military contractor - note lack of contract no. and NSN.

I have a 'crap hat' made by Compton Webb which is desert DPM but also incorporates the 'Omani Orange' although it is not standard Omani camo. I would lump them in the same category i.e. a limited run piece for evaluation purposes for either Britain or a friendly Gulf State that was eventually not taken up for production and off-loaded on the surplus market.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.