One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DML's British, Irish Guards, Guards Division CPL Louis Fletcher is a bit of a let down. In many ways it is the same set as British Desert Rats, 7th Armor, Aaron Iraqi Freedom (70268). It is pretty much the same equipment (uniform, weapon, radio, glasses, boots, helmet, etc.) except for the Osprey Body Armor, DPM Desert ammo pouch, and a new head sculpt. You don't even get a Neo3 body (sad to say). I really like to know why they made that move.

The Osprey body armor is not bad, just not great because of the short cuts DML took in making the vest. It is just a pisser! DML did not provide a rear ballistic pouch for a back PAL plate and they only give you one MLCS DPM ammo pouch. They give you Body Armor with a MOLLE Compatible System (MLCS) but only one pouch. OK, so they do gave you same old woodland DPM pouches that slide on the belt. However, without modification they will not fit on the body armor. What is the logic?

All that being said, it is nice to have a figure that was less the 90 bucks for a change. DML is a good company supporting One-Sixth. They just spend to much time with W.W. II Germans. This is one of those figures that you will feel good about bashing just to bring it up to date (if nothing else). I am actively looking for modern 1:6th British military items to help this figure along. However, I may end up making pouches like I did the rear ballistic plate pouch on the body Armor. In the end, I guess I did buy this figure for the Osprey Body Armor (LOL)! Thanks for looking.

mg]http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/photo/data/500/Brit_Irish_Guards_Div_CPL_Louis_Fletcher_v2_004_edited-1.jpg[/img]

·
R&D Dept. Insanity Div.
207 Posts
Excellent rep of the Micks; good to see the Irish fixed up nice. This is what DML should have done, not the poor modernization of "this is not Aaron" they put out. Really like the gloves - How were they done?

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent rep of the Micks; good to see the Irish fixed up nice. This is what DML should have done, not the poor modernization of "this is not Aaron" they put out. Really like the gloves - How were they done?
Moxie, Thanks for your comments. The gloves are Toy Soldier (MAX ACU) that were painted with Tamiya Acrylic Color XF-52 (Flat Earth).

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great, what boots are those on the figure? brand and product name if you know it? theyre exactly the kind im looking for for my figure
Leprechaun, the boots are from Barrack Sergeant OSF PMC machine gunner figure. You should still be able to find them. I agree with you, I think they look good on British soldier and I have been switching my other boots I have used on my British figures and replacing them with these. The real 1-to-1 name for these are Lowa Seeker Desert PT Boots.

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Custom minimi cloth ammo carrier bag, custom gloves, and cool boots
All in all you got yourself one outstanding Brit bash STALL STUFF

Small suggestion, take off the heat shield on top of the minimi's barrel, Brits don't use them.

from lots of ref pics it seems Brits still use a belt kit with the Osprey BA, just add minimi od pouches on the belt kit

Also Brian's (Unforgiven5150) custom Irish Guards patches would also be a great addition to your bash. ;)

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
So, he's out is he,

Yet another bloody figure that their UK distributor will either be slow to get or not get at all! And you wonder why I say I'm quitting buying 1/6th! I can't even get new DML right now.

CHEERS! (Sarcastically put!)

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Custom minimi cloth ammo carrier bag, custom gloves, and cool boots
All in all you got yourself one outstanding Brit bash STALL STUFF

Small suggestion, take off the heat shield on top of the minimi's barrel, Brits don't use them.

from lots of ref pics it seems Brits still use a belt kit with the Osprey BA, just add minimi od pouches on the belt kit

Also Brian's (Unforgiven5150) custom Irish Guards patches would also be a great addition to your bash. ;)
All Mighty One,

Thanks for the reference pictures. I will take another look at my figure and rework the items you have mentioned. Cool! When the PAL/MLCS systems first came out, Americans were a bit slow to use it also. From most of the pictures I have seen so far, Brits have not used the MLCS capability very much so far.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What Minimi did you use for this one? I can't for a moment think that DML included it in the figure but stranger things have happened.
Al
Sir, you are so right. The mini is from 21C with a few changes. However, with the new information provided by All Mighty One, there will be more changes. Nothing like having boys from the UK in the group!

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, he's out is he,

Yet another bloody figure that their UK distributor will either be slow to get or not get at all! And you wonder why I say I'm quitting buying 1/6th! I can't even get new DML right now.

CHEERS! (Sarcastically put!)
Come on Rogerbee, hang in there. I feel that way with the guys who are in Japan or Hong Kong. And since the pound is so strong compare to the dollar, you can easily order from Asia and do well.

BTW, since the figure did not come with a Neo3 body, I am going to change it out to Hot Toys but keep the same head. I have added a lot of extra pouches, however with the recent PICs provided I may remove a few.

Guys, that why it is great to post. A lot of guys offer very good suggestions that will help your figure and provide pictures that you may not have seen or have access that will help you with your modeling. Yes, there are times you need thick skin. However, to date all suggestion have done nothing but improve my projects. Thanks guys for your input and kind words.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Stall Stuff

I'm with you on this release,another re-hash which is a real shame. The only reason I'd buy it would be for the Osprey but as you say it's far from being really accurate. The fact Osprey wasn't even issued until 2006 and this fig is supposedly from theatre in 2003 also makes me wonder what level of research,if any, went into this guy.

The helmet looks too small,I bet fitting the PRR was awkward,and why not issue it with a decent Minimi or UGL? That would have attracted far more interest.

Anyway,rant over - in case you're interested Wartoys still has the Soldier Story Minimi (from their automatic rifleman fig) in stock,which IMO is the best 1/6 Minimi to date,very detailed and accurate, and it comes with the 100 round can.

Here's a link

http://www.war-toys.com/

Cheers

Rick.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Stall Stuff

I'm with you on this release,another re-hash which is a real shame. The only reason I'd buy it would be for the Osprey but as you say it's far from being really accurate. The fact Osprey wasn't even issued until 2006 and this fig is supposedly from theatre in 2003 also makes me wonder what level of research,if any, went into this guy.

The helmet looks too small,I bet fitting the PRR was awkward,and why not issue it with a decent Minimi or UGL? That would have attracted far more interest.

Anyway,rant over - in case you're interested Wartoys still has the Soldier Story Minimi (from their automatic rifleman fig) in stock,which IMO is the best 1/6 Minimi to date,very detailed and accurate, and it comes with the 100 round can.

Here's a link

http://www.war-toys.com/

Cheers

Rick.
Hey Rick,

Thanks! The helmet fit with out to much problem and was a pretty size even with the insert. Matter of face the helmet did not fit at all without the insert. What makes it look small is the webbing they have on it. I may remove to show off the NVG mount on the 2nd go around of the figure.

I did pick up the SS Mini from War-Toys, however I am going to make the mod "On Mighty One" suggested on the 21C version to see how it looks. I am going to keep the 200 round drum for now. I have not seen a lot of Brit minis decked out like the US does. But I am looking. If you got a pic share it.

We need more international figures.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.