One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A simple bash this time. For more information on the bash and explanation of changes I made from the reference pic, read on. Otherwise, skip ahead to the pics!

I saw a pic in an old Special Air Service Osprey book of an 'SAS Barrack Dress Sergeant' and it gave me the idea of making a similar sort of figure. Based on the head sculpt, I decided on a more senior rank - Captain. I had to work within limitations - I couldn't find any stable belts, and I am not skilled enough to make my own.

I therefore had to ditch the belt and give him a 58 pattern one instead, so I went down a slightly different path. I also have no SAS insignia minus the beret to put on him, but overall I'm happy with how he turned out.

After all, he isn't meant to be an exact replica of this guy, I just used it as a bit of inspiration!

Comments etc. appreciated!

Reference Picture

And posing with a pair of Paras...

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
OMG!!

Which sculpt and outfit is that!? All you have to do is change the beret and you've got a 100% dead on Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart from Doctor Who! I'm sure someone somewhere did a little UNIT badge for just such a purpose.

Where is Vikki TX when you need her!?

CHEERS!

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG!!

Which sculpt and outfit is that!? All you have to do is change the beret and you've got a 100% dead on Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart from Doctor Who! I'm sure someone somewhere did a little UNIT badge for just such a purpose.

Where is Vikki TX when you need her!?

CHEERS!
Barrack Sergeant for the trousers, jumper and 58 pattern belt/holster. Dragon for the boots and for the headsculpt. It's from their British Military Police figure 'Bob Richardson'.

·
Kasparov's apprentice
777 Posts
That's a bloody beautiful job! Let me show you what I made a while ago, but in this case it was a Rhodesian SAS NCO (sargeant?) instead, who was in fact, part of the "SAS brotherhood". This is a very similar bash, with some different detail though. If you carry out a search throughout major e-retailers, you will surely find that stable belt you need on the WWII bristish, or even American gear/webbing belt sections. A for the insignias, go ahead and give a shot printing them out on the proper size, of course.

Imagen18 by aldan2009, on Flickr

DSCF8932 by aldan2009, on Flickr
DSCF8873 by aldan2009, on Flickr

Imagen1 by aldan2009, on Flickr

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Great parts breakdown,

I'm sure fellow Whovians will be all over this.

Here's a pic of the man himself:

Add a shirt, change the cap badge and you're there!

CHEERS!

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a bloody beautiful job! Let me show you what I made a while ago, but in this case it was a Rhodesian SAS NCO (sargeant?) instead, who was in fact, part of the "SAS brotherhood". This is a very similar bash, with some different detail though. If you carry out a search throughout major e-retailers, you will surely find that stable belt you need on the WWII bristish, or even American gear/webbing belt sections. A for the insignias, go ahead and give a shot printing them out on the proper size, of course.

Imagen18 by aldan2009, on Flickr

DSCF8932 by aldan2009, on Flickr
DSCF8873 by aldan2009, on Flickr

Imagen1 by aldan2009, on Flickr
Outstanding stuff! Great to see some Rhodesians in 1/6th scale. Loving all the insignia too. Did I read it right in thinking the exact stable belt needed is available (or has been made at some point)? And when you say printing out insignia, I take it you need some kind of special paper with a sticky-backing? I'm completely alien to any actual customisation!

Cheers for sharing that, great figure. One last thing, which shirt did you use?

·
Kasparov's apprentice
777 Posts
Outstanding stuff! Great to see some Rhodesians in 1/6th scale. Loving all the insignia too. Did I read it right in thinking the exact stable belt needed is available (or has been made at some point)? And when you say printing out insignia, I take it you need some kind of special paper with a sticky-backing? I'm completely alien to any actual customisation!

Cheers for sharing that, great figure. One last thing, which shirt did you use?
Thank you!! as for the belt, my bad, I meant that you'll be able to find A stable belt, and then you just need to repaint it in blue, cause I doubt that item was ever made in such color before. If you're kinda skilled, you may also make a fabric belt instead, so in that way you'd come up with a more reallistic item. As for the insignias, downsize them well enough using any piece of thick paper or printable fabric, and with some glue and patience you complete the rest. About the shirt, don't clearly remember but I think it was an American WWII type from Dragon.

If you like Rhodesians, click the following links:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...n-s-s-vol-ii-last-issue-posted-6-21-11-a.html
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...ws-discussion/624188-rhodesian-s-s-vol-i.html

·
Registered
680 Posts
Great parts breakdown,

I'm sure fellow Whovians will be all over this.

Here's a pic of the man himself:

Add a shirt, change the cap badge and you're there!

CHEERS!
Wearing the infamous RM/SAS Jumper with no epaulettes and with knitted cuffs, remember lads wearing these back in the day!

Nice bashes guys :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

A simple bash this time. For more information on the bash and explanation of changes I made from the reference pic, read on. Otherwise, skip ahead to the pics!

I saw a pic in an old Special Air Service Osprey book of an 'SAS Barrack Dress Sergeant' and it gave me the idea of making a similar sort of figure. Based on the head sculpt, I decided on a more senior rank - Captain. I had to work within limitations - I couldn't find any stable belts, and I am not skilled enough to make my own.

I therefore had to ditch the belt and give him a 58 pattern one instead, so I went down a slightly different path. I also have no SAS insignia minus the beret to put on him, but overall I'm happy with how he turned out.

After all, he isn't meant to be an exact replica of this guy, I just used it as a bit of inspiration!

Reference Picture

Where did you get the sweater
Hi,

Reference Picture

Where did you get the sweater?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts