One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Nice work there. It would be nice if DAM Toys, Green Wolf Studios, or Generals Armoury did a SFSG figure and a SRS one as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice work there. It would be nice if DAM Toys, Green Wolf Studios, or Generals Armoury did a SFSG figure and a SRS one as well.
Yea i agree. Its a shame DAM only did 2 modern Brits and 1 special exhibition figure and soldier story doing none. I realy feel us Brits are being left out and even though we got what we did it didnt give us enough kit for some top quality custom bashes and you can see that with the lack of custom bashes being posted by collectors. We are still relying on old gear and that is becoming harder to get these days and with prices hitting silly money it makes sense why we have lost so many Brit collectors.

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks Sawman,
Would be good if they did, could do with more British gear.
I think it’s SRR (Special Reconnaissance Regiment)

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yea i agree. Its a shame DAM only did 2 modern Brits and 1 special exhibition figure and soldier story doing none. I realy feel us Brits are being left out and even though we got what we did it didnt give us enough kit for some top quality custom bashes and you can see that with the lack of custom bashes being posted by collectors. We are still relying on old gear and that is becoming harder to get these days and with prices hitting silly money it makes sense why we have lost so many Brit collectors.
Never had the chance to get any of the new ones or to see them up close, seen pictures of them but to be honest I prefer the look of the old gear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Never had the chance to get any of the new ones or to see them up close, seen pictures of them but to be honest I prefer the look of the old gear.
I am right with you Marshy and i think we both like doing the same period as each other. The only figure i really liked out of the DAM releases was the Exhibition Minimi Gunner but i missed out on that but managed to get my hands on the DAM Royal Marine box set plus an extra Webbing, Boots & trouses so i could get a couple of new projects on the go but just like you mate i am still on the look out for more gear and all of that is from the same gear we was all using years ago. I seem to have everything i need to get a few figures on the go but each one is missing a bit here and a bit there to get them complete and us Brits have been neglected that's for sure but with some of the lads still about i am sure we will both get the parts we need to get the bashes we have planned for the future and if i can help you in any way mate then please do not hessitate to contact me any time. I will be posting a quick picture later of my latest WIP that is nearly finished and complete and i look forward to getting some feed back from the lads as they have always been a massive support when i have posted projects in the past. Just like you Marshy i have also been away from the hobby for a few years so i am also only just trying to catch back up with everyone so i hope some of them can still remember me. ( Formally Hicks451 ) and like what i have done since we last all spoke to each other. Anyway i look forward to speaking with you soon Marshy as the footy is about to start so have a great night and i will speak with you soon and look forward to seeing the master back at he's best. Bows o7

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I do remember you Hicks, good to see your starting again and look forward in seeing your kitbashes. That’s a bonus getting hold of some Damtoys British gear, then again getting hold of any 1/6 British gear is a bonus.
Thanks for the offer Hicks and like wise if I can help you out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do remember you Hicks, good to see your starting again and look forward in seeing your kitbashes. That’s a bonus getting hold of some Damtoys British gear, then again getting hold of any 1/6 British gear is a bonus.
Thanks for the offer Hicks and like wise if I can help you out.
Yeah especially the period we are looking for but hopefully we will both be able to get what we need especially you as we all know the quality kitbashes you produce. I have 90% of what i need for the other figures i have planned and they will keep me busy for a while so i should be ok. It's great to have you back mate and i just hope the lack of figures won't make you walk away again as you was missed when you left mate. So what figures do you have planned? And what gear are you in need of? private message me if that is better for you. I am sure the lads will also be pleased to see you back and will help you out on 1/6th Brit and that will be the go to place to get what you need. I have to reach out to everyone again as it has been a while since i last spoke to many of them due to having a break from the hobby myself due to not getting the figures i hoped we might from all the 1/6th scale suppliers and it has been years since i have even used my facebook account as that isn't really my thing if i am honest so i lost touch with everyone. I couldn't even get in to my old OSW Hicks account so i had to start all over again with this one but hopefully i will get my facebook account sorted soon so i can link up with everyone that have stopped using OSW. Thanks again for the help Marshy and for offering your support mate and i really look forward to seeing what you have in store for the future. I have posted the picture of my latest figure that i am finishing off so hopefuly it's in the right place. Hope you like it mate as you have been a massive influence with all the figures and dioramas you did back in the day. They still look as good now as they did when you first posted them so i can not wait to see what you have coming up next and like i said before if you need anything then message me any time.

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Have got a few in mind and have started with my second figure just taking my time with them, here’s the Para helmet for him just need to finish the chin strap.

Will send you a private message Hicks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have got a few in mind and have started with my second figure just taking my time with them, here’s the Para helmet for him just need to finish the chin strap. View attachment 456163

Will send you a private message Hicks
Loving it mate. The master is back!!! Really can't wait to see what you have in store for us all. I suppose good things come to those who wait!!!Bows

·
Registered
288 Posts
Marshy i have managed to get my hicks account up and running again and i am in the process of getting my facebook account unblocked. Can you let the lads know over on 1/6th Brit that i am back in the hobby and hoping to get in contact with them all soon especially Dutch. Catch you soon bud.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts