One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all,
Back into the 1/6th world once again and it’s good to be back, well I think so.
Have been since January this year buying and collecting as much stuff as I can at the moment.
I’ve had a big help from some of lads at 1/6th Brit which as been a great bonus.

So here you go my first kitbash after about 10 years I think, it is a remake of one of my old favorites.

British 1 Para Sniper SFSG
(1st Battalion Parachute Regiment)
(Special Forces Support Group)

·
Registered
1/6 Action Figures such as: Hot Toys, Art Figures, Enterbay, EdStar, Toys Dao, Dragon Models, etc.
68 Posts
This is some creative stuff right here. It feels...really authentic. Something that these 1/6 companies nowadays fail on.

This is the first time I'm seeing your work, and I'm impressed. Keep up the great work.

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is some creative stuff right here. It feels...really authentic. Something that these 1/6 companies nowadays fail on.

This is the first time I'm seeing your work, and I'm impressed. Keep up the great work.
Thanks, still not much British gear about but I’ve always liked the Hot Toys Desert DPM.

·
Registered
1/6 Action Figures such as: Hot Toys, Art Figures, Enterbay, EdStar, Toys Dao, Dragon Models, etc.
68 Posts
Thanks, still not much British gear about but I’ve always liked the Hot Toys Desert DPM.
Yeah now that I think about it...I haven't really seen any British military 🪖 type gear. Mostly Us, and Russia.

Reactions: marshy

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great looking figure, Marshy! Welcome back too, I for one have missed seeing your figures........looking forward to seeing some more in the future.
Thanks Mich, working on my second kitbash but not doing them as fast as I use too though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Great to see you back! I remember when you announced your 'retirement' and can't believe it was that long ago! You certainly have a gift, accentuated by your obvious service and attention to detail of the small things that make a soldier 'ally'. I am also a member of a Falklands FB group which have recently featured some fine 1/6 figures. I guess you'd also know that since your earlier retirement, a couple of figures featuring MTP camo had been released. Look forward to seeing more of your work!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,987 Posts
Great stuff Marshy. Echoing the good to see you back again.

I saw you go into 1:6th Brit on FB recently, and I was wondering if you were going to drop in here again.

So, what do you think of the renovations in here now? haha

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great to see you back! I remember when you announced your 'retirement' and can't believe it was that long ago! You certainly have a gift, accentuated by your obvious service and attention to detail of the small things that make a soldier 'ally'. I am also a member of a Falklands FB group which have recently featured some fine 1/6 figures. I guess you'd also know that since your earlier retirement, a couple of figures featuring MTP camo had been released. Look forward to seeing more of your work!
Thanks Filupe for the kind words.
Yes about ten years when I packed in with 1/6th. I’ve seen the MTP and got one of the Dam toys helmets with the MTP camo, but to tell you the truth no a big fan of it prefer the desert and old woodland look.

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great stuff Marshy. Echoing the good to see you back again.

I saw you go into 1:6th Brit on FB recently, and I was wondering if you were going to drop in here again.

So, what do you think of the renovations in here now? haha
Thanks Cdn_rhino,
Nice one, I was just waiting until I had completed my first figure before I started posting on here. OSW was where it all started for me really so I thought it would be good to show my new work here as well.
It doesn’t look as busy as it use to be.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,987 Posts
Thanks Cdn_rhino,
Nice one, I was just waiting until I had completed my first figure before I started posting on here. OSW was where it all started for me really so I thought it would be good to show my new work here as well.
It doesn’t look as busy as it use to be.
It is quieter for sure. There were some issues with the site in the last 4-5 years, and that caused some folks to leave. I have noticed it slowly picking up again though which is a positive sign. I doubt it will ever be at the level of interest it was about 10-12 years back, but it's nice to see new "faces" in the mix, and some older crew coming back in as well.

·
firefighterUK
7,026 Posts
Has it been that long Andy/?!! I saw this on the Facebook page and its just a pleasure to see your amazing skills once again. Great stuff mate. Photos and figure are just like looking at 1/1 photo's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello to all,
Back into the 1/6th world once again and it’s good to be back, well I think so.
Have been since January this year buying and collecting as much stuff as I can at the moment.
I’ve had a big help from some of lads at 1/6th Brit which as been a great bonus.

So here you go my first kitbash after about 12 years I think, it is a remake of one of my old favorites.

British 1 Para Sniper SFSG
(1st Battalion Parachute Regiment)
(Special Forces Support Group)
View attachment 455950 View attachment 455951 View attachment 455952 View attachment 455953
All i can say is about time!!! The day you left the hobby was a day we all suffered!!! welcome back master
marshy!!! Bows

·
kes
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Has it been that long Andy/?!! I saw this on the Facebook page and its just a pleasure to see your amazing skills once again. Great stuff mate. Photos and figure are just like looking at 1/1 photo's.
Thanks Darran,
I think that’s the hardest part for me, trying to take good photos of the figures, they never look as good as they do really.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts