One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Brit - SAS Sniper WIP

15K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  britbhoy 
#1 ·
I have been thinking about my British figures lately and I have found a boot that works really well with the Desert DPM uniform. So, I decided to work on a few figure. Here is my motivational Pic.

See less See more
#23 ·
My guess is the SAS are like most SpecOp units in that they want to be low profile. You don't want to call to much attention to what type unit you are. Which is one bad thing about all the US Services having their own uniforms. However, it can also be a good thing if the bad guys are counting on a uniform to ID a unit (i.e., SEALs in ACUs, Special Forces in USMC MARPAT or ABUs, etc.).

Another thing is the beret sucks as a field cap. It is hot, would get dirty real quick and stink like hell, holds in heat, offers very little if ventilation, when wet stinks even more, really does not help to keep the dust out of your eyes, and provides no shade at all. A doo rag is much better, at lease then you can use it to wipe the sweat off. I would keep it in my whole bag for the trip home. The beret works well under garrison conditions. Wore a green and a burgundy one for years. I preferred a boonie hat or patrol cap in the field.

#21 ·
great fig stall stuff!
well i havnt researched it or anything but i dont think that the SAS wouldnt wear their beret in the field because if they are caught by the enemy they would find out they are SAS by the insignia, prob just dress wear and on barracks!
but of i am wrong sorry i am only guessing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.