See subject.

--

• Female Body
  • Female Head Sculpt
  • Racing Helmet
  • Pistol w/ Magazine
  • Hands (4 Pairs)
  • Figure Stand
  • Racing Suit Jacket & Pants (Stretch Cloth Material)
  • Sports Shoes
  • Socks
  • Sword
  • Scabbard

The images are courtesy of Cotswold Collectibles, Inc.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm surprised to see another attempt/take on "The Bride" character by PLAY TOY. Their first attempt was not too bad, but not great/superb.

I've seen a variety of custom figures based on "The Bride" over the years.

The first supposedly official version was by TAKARA TOMY as part of their COOL GIRL line. I recollect the figure was displayed at a show, but I don't believe it was ever formally/officially released.

AOSHIMA produced a series of four figures wearing a pleather version of the character's outfit with nuances/variations in the outfit. Two figures were released with the black racing outfit and two were released with the yellow racing outfit. They were basic/minimal figures. Only two head sculpts from the four kind of/sort of resembled "The Bride" at a bare minimum. I purchased all four way back when.

I believe a customizer whose name escapes me produced a very limited run of "The Bride" in China/Hong Kong, but the price was in excess of $500.00 USD if I remember correctly.

Throughout the years, I'm surprised no 1:6 manufacturer has formally sought out the license from the KILL BILL series of films unless the cost of the license was too high and/or had limitations/restrictions on utilizing the likenesses of Uma Thurman and other actors/actresses from the film. Who knows?

I'll definitely end up buying this version to add to the first version.

·
Wild Bunch Customs
807 Posts
If I'm not mistaken I believe it was Iminime (or whatever name they are using) that made the custom $500 or so Bride figure.

·
12,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Horrible likeness of Uma Thurman, but really nice outfit.

David
--

I doubt "likeness" was even a consideration for PLAY TOYS with this figure.

The effort and payoff are clearly on the outfit thus far until they're in hand and we can decide if it's worthwhile or not.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
Nice set! Think I'll leave the helmet on though LOL. Any ideas on prices yet? And can someone please remind me in which part of the films she wears the helmet? I'm way too lazy to fast forward through 6hrs of movie! Cheers!That saya (scabbard) looks way too big sadly.

·
12,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
760 Posts
Not bad, but there are a few inaccuracies. The suit should be pleather, not stretchy cloth and her hairstyle is all wrong. She never had an obvious fringe like that (the v1 head was more accurate). I don't think she had a pistol in part 1 either.

I'll probably still pick this up though, if it's not too pricey. I just hope they've reduced the size of her buttocks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice set! Think I'll leave the helmet on though LOL. Any ideas on prices yet? And can someone please remind me in which part of the films she wears the helmet? I'm way too lazy to fast forward through 6hrs of movie! Cheers!That saya (scabbard) looks way too big sadly.
When she was driving on her bike to the House of Blue Leaves to have a drink with O-Ren...

·
Registered
575 Posts
They finally got the hair right, at least with the 2.0 prototype. I have the 1.0 figure and the hair was too long and too wavy. If you look at the bride's hair in the movie, it wasn't all one length like on the 1.0 figure and the front was cut shorter, though not arranged in a fringe/bangs like on the 2.0 figure. That can be easily remedied with some hair product by afixing the hair to the sides to expose a little bit of forehead. the waviness of the Bride's hair in the movie was due to the sweat and grime she accumulated in that sequence and I found it hard to simulate that, so I just opted to straighten the overly curly hair of the figure and cut it short.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I don't think the sculpt is that bad... she didn't look all that great in that movie. It's the hair that's throwing it, but really this is no different as far as an exact replica of Uma as their Cameron D figure and HS. So, for an unlicensed near-representation, it's pretty good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts