One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for "Bren Gun" Bren L4A4. I think I remember RMC/Barracks Sargent made one. Anyone got one or 2? Or a lead on them, would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ando.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think you'd have better luck modding a Bren than finding a RMC L4. They only made a few and I remember them being pretty dear.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wow! Great minds do think alike, I wanted the slightly curved 30 round magazine from an L4 LMG for my Falklands Paras SLR. I have seen photos of Paras with these magazines and I believe they modified them to fire full auto.

I think I am correct in saying the 7.62 mm LMG mags were different to the war time Bren mags.

Stu

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I bought one some years ago. It was indeed made by RMC, and was $30 at that time. Apparently they made about 200 pcs. Another item that should've been made in larger numbers, or even a conversion kit for the numerous existing WW2 Brens.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Wow! Great minds do think alike, I wanted the slightly curved 30 round magazine from an L4 LMG for my Falklands Paras SLR. I have seen photos of Paras with these magazines and I believe they modified them to fire full auto.

I think I am correct in saying the 7.62 mm LMG mags were different to the war time Bren mags.

Stu
You're right - the .303 round was rimmed, so the Bren mag was curved, but the 7.62mm round is un-rimmed so the mag is straight.

Tony Barton had some white metal L4 mags a few years back - he may still have some so it's worth pinging him an email.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right - the .303 round was rimmed, so the Bren mag was curved, but the 7.62mm round is un-rimmed so the mag is straight.

Tony Barton had some white metal L4 mags a few years back - he may still have some so it's worth pinging him an email.
Thanks mate. Chatted with TB yesterday re. the MKIII helmets I was chasing & the SLR/Bren mags.

Cheers, Ando.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That looks quite good. I don't know if Geyperman was ever carried, stateside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts