One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
i don't know what other people do, but i keep all the boxes of my figures. that way i can re-box my figures when i run out of space (which i have a long time ago) or when i have to move.

i can see where you're coming from, but i seriously doubt a lot of people would buy dozens of boxes just to store or transport their figures.

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
i feel your pain, i could use a couple to transport my WIPs and a couple of my finished prodeucts as i swtich apartments here, its a real pain, and the fear of dropping small pieces is very real as i keep finding grenades and first aid pouches behind my work desk. i do keep all my original boxers for my figs, but theyre not really too compatible to carrying custom bashes as is and stuff.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
This is something i looked into in the past but didnt turn up anything i had in mind. In the end i purchased 2 Aluminium flight cases with black foam interior, the foam inside is partially pre-cut into a grid pattern so that small pieces at a time can be removed to form any basic shape you want inside (like a figure). You can get cases in all shapes and sizes suitable for almost anything worth storing.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I've been looking for something like this

The last couple of TS figures I purchased had boxes that were similar to what your talking about minus the foam. I'd be interested in buying these also for the finished look on the customs I sell. The closest I've found are at Cotsworld. Besides the clear top they are kind of small for modern figures kitted up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What you want is most likely going to be a custom-made item....for your custom-made figure. If it's an all-scratched figure, I could maybe see building a nice cherry wood box. For a kitbash, I think a stout cardboard or plastic box is fine.

Personally, I use these

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/photo/data/500/RulerBox.jpg

They're 13 inch long snap-shut ruler boxes and show up around back-to-school time at Walmart for a couple bucks and change each. They get marked down to a buck after a while. There are never a bunch in stock, and I've only managed to get 18 in the last couple years.

I couldn't have designed a better system if I'd wanted to.

An idea I started a few years ago for transporting larger amounts of figs is to use cardboard wine cases. Usually compartmentalized with 12 bays, they work very well.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
I use these too Mr.Gravy. I buy them at the .99 store or Target. Mine are wide enough to put two figures in head to foot if so desire. They are air tight like tupper wear with solid lids/tops to keep out excessive light, Natural or artificial that can some times fade the garments/fabrics. And best of all they stack neatly for storage and transport.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i use the same thing LG does, i just pay more for mine at Target so they all match and the missus is happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.