One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the camp that feels Asmus LOTR line doesn't get enough credit. Yea, they have some issues, but I think much of the complaining around this particular series shows just how spoiled we've become in the sixth scale market. I'm checking out the eighth member of their Fellowship tonight, Boromir. I'm looking at both the rooted hair and sculpted hair version, and yes, one is definitely superior to the other. Neither is a perfect likeness, but it's Boromir. You can find my take here:

Review and photos of Boromir Lord of the Rings sixth scale action figure

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Didn't realize it was so close to being released. Rooted looks much better.
Thought they were going to include his coat from the early scenes, dissapointing.

C'mooooonnnnnn Gimili...

Edit: My bad, he does have the coat.

IMG_3034.JPG

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Excellent review.

So many Sean Bean sculpts, but none really all the way there... DiD Hussars George, Sideshow Goldeneye, Sideshow Boromir, Ned Stark, this Asmus Boromir in two versions, and the loose head shown above by Gubernator Fan. This Asmus Boromir is possibly the closest but that may be “faint praise.” I wonder why Bean is apparently so hard to get right in 1/6, maybe it’s his usual lack of strong expressions – like all the years of unsuccessful Harrison Ford sculpts.

·
1:6 collector
2,101 Posts
So many Sean Bean sculpts, but none really all the way there... I wonder why Bean is apparently so hard to get right in 1/6, maybe it's his usual lack of strong expressions - like all the years of unsuccessful Harrison Ford sculpts.
Interesting point. Speaking of Sean Bean and Harrison Ford, I wish they would make a Patriot Games Sean Bean, and then the two can play together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the version with the rooted hair more, if it's a character with longer hair it looks awkward if it's plastic. Here is my version of Boromir. His original Asmus body was stained and felt somehow cheapish, so I got him a better one, made by WorldBox, AT008.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, he definitely looks better with long hair. I'll be making him Sharpe's 95th Rifles uniform at some point this month, hence the undressing and the new body.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts