One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

May not be the correct place to ask, but can anyone suggest where I might find suitable boots for Falklands era troops.
I know that Newline minatures did a set of DMS ankle boots but I am not certain they are even in business any more.
The other alternative to DMS boots and puttees, would be captured Argentine high leg boots ( far superior to the Ankle boots issued to the Brits) these boots were I beleive of US origine so US Army issue boots of the 1980's period.

Any help appreciated as my Falklands Para is 95 percent complete and looking good.

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
665 Posts
There are some WWII German Para boots which can be made to look the part with a little work. Some may have worn civi hiking boots too.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some WWII German Para boots which can be made to look the part with a little work. Some may have worn civi hiking boots too.
Thanks for the reply. The Royal Marines and SBS and other Special forces units certainly wore Civilian purchased hiking boots but the PBI ( poor bloody infantry)
Toms of the Parachute Regiment only seemed to have the issued DMS boots until they captured Argentine high legs. Some may have worn the high leg Northern Ireland Patrol boots.
These boots were woefully inadequate in the harsh cold damp terrain if the Falklands and many troops suffered the dreaded ' trench foot' on the long march to Battle.

Stu

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Gentlemen. I had a very kind tip off and was able to secure a pair of Newline Miniatures DMS boots. I hope they arw as nice as the NM Ammo boots.
Cheers,
stu

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The Newline boots are nice but they do have the wrong tread pattern on the soles. You might be able to transplant the soles from a pair of the DML boots.

·
its time to musk up...
1,021 Posts
Hands down the best boots were made by Barry a Pippen BP toys, way way better than the Newline ones which from memory were better suited to WWII era.

They do come up from time to time. If you try the UK boards you might even find someone willing to give up a pair.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hands down the best boots were made by Barry a Pippen BP toys, way way better than the Newline ones which from memory were better suited to WWII era.

They do come up from time to time. If you try the UK boards you might even find someone willing to give up a pair.
Thanks mate, I certainly would snap a pair up if i find them.

Stu:bravo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts