One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a female body. I think S09C or S02A.
What worries me is that I'm afraid that with the S09C the breasts are too big ...
I do not know if I can do that (post a link), I saw on Ebay a body that is not very expensive.
The concern is that I do not know if it's an old model or it's worth it.
If you can help me?
Thank you all.

1/6 TBLeague Female Seamless Body Suntan Large Bust S09C w/Steel Skeleton Phicen | eBay

I do not know what PLLB2013 means, 14, 15 .... ??? What a difference there is and how to know if the body if on it corresponds to PLLB20 ...

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Not sure about PLLB designations (PL = Phicen Limited; LB = lady body?). The S02A and S09C bodies are indeed older types, the difference being the bust size. Keep in mind these do not have the type of feet that would allow you to have the figure stand on its own. If you want it to be able to do that, you should go with S12D (out of the options provided by the particular eBay listing you linked). These older suntan bodies are slightly darker in tone than the current ones. They are also a tad on the tall side, something TBLeague (formerly Phicen) recently addressed with their more petite bodies S24A-S27B (see review HERE), though now some of head sculpts look too big on them. So you have several issues to consider before deciding on a particular body (look, functionality, height, skin tone). I should also note that, to the best of my recollection, some of the older bodies had a number of occasional issues, like the steel armature poking through the elbows or the metal wrist pegs coming out of the lower arm and becoming impossible to reattach in a secure manner. The more recent bodies (going at least as far back as S17B and S23B) seem to have had fewer or no issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
2,105 Posts
OK thanks for your answer.
So S12D would be a good model. I also see the 21B, 25B or mid bust: 17B, 19B which looks similar (older perhaps?).
I did not like the detachable feet because not aesthetic for barefoot photos for example. But if he has less problem, I take a S12D If it's the best.
I'm lost in there ...
For the head, I do not know yet, I thought of it for example:
JXtoys 1/6 Wonder Woman Gal Gadot JX-09 Head Sculpt Fit 12'' Big Bust Bodies | eBay
Well, the non-detachable feet can't stand on their own, except in some very specific types of tall boots. If you are trying to match to that head, I would imagine (no guarantees) that the older bodies like the ones you were looking at would be more promising, as their suntan is a bit darker than the more recent ones. The bust size is up to you. If you are trying to fill out some Wonder Woman armor, the big bust might actually work better -- at least theoretically (I've used wheat Jiaou Doll for that with the HT armor, Phicen/TBLeague is a bit different). I could be wrong, but I think S12D is the one that had the elbow puncture or the wrist peg problems (which I cannot forgive, as it is not really fixable in practice, despite what has been posted on here). That's why I prefer the newer bodies (S17-whatever and later), but their lighter suntan is often unhelpful in matching heads (hence the expedient of occasionally turning to Jiaou wheat and KT).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not sure about PLLB designations (PL = Phicen Limited; LB = lady body?).
No, LB = Large Bust; MB = Medium Bust

Maybe this overview helps:
S01 PALE, S02 SUNTAN (!), S03 ? = Non removable feet / middle breast size
S04 PALE, S05 TAN, S06 SUNTAN = Non removable feet / large breast size.
S07 PALE, S08 TAN, S09 SUNTAN = Non removable feet / large breast size. More defined woman secret part.
S10 PALE, S12 SUNTAN = Removable feet / large breast size.
S13 PALE, S15 SUNTAN = Removable feet / large breast size. Athletic physique. Streamlined muscular definition.

Or look here (page 2):
Phicen Skin tone help

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks.
I do not want that head, that was an example.
I look a little, I like the 21B, it is not too muscler compare to 23B. I find that it removes the feminine of the model. Otherwise there is the 25B which seems pretty good (it is identical to 21B with a smaller chest?)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For you, what is the best?
the closest to a real woman model (I do not want any particular character)

·
2,105 Posts
Unless the head is too dark or too big on it, I would say S25B, as it is a little more petite than the S17/S23 and the other earlier ones. S24A is the same, but too pale for everything except some pale Asian heads. S26A and S27B are again the pale and suntan versions of each other, but even more petite (and therefore even harder to match with heads and clothes). On the other hand, if you want a taller woman, the S17/S23 generation was pretty good, one more slender, the other more muscular. But their suntan is already a bit too light for a HT (or HT-like) head.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, I have trouble following but I think it's okay.
The 25B looks good indeed. Do you have any photo links made with this body?
I think I hesitate between 19B and 25B I do not find many photos that can allow me to make my choice.

·
2,105 Posts
It's simple. I will review only suntan examples below...

S12D is a nice darker suntan, can stand on its own, but has wrist peg issues that keep me from recommending it. Similarly with any of the floppy-footed bodies (even if they are more aesthetically pleasing, action figures should be able to stand on their own).

S17B and S23B are a lighter suntan (the "new" suntan), one is slender, the other muscular, and both still as tall as the previous body.

S25B is the same lighter suntan (the "new" suntan), but a little more petite, which may make it more typical/average for a woman than its taller predecessors. There may be a little more restriction on the lower arm's lateral movement on this and the next body.

S27B is like S25B, but even shorter. Which means it is harder to make it work with heads and clothing.

For the new (S24A-S27B) bodies, see HERE. For S23B, see below:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

S12D is a nice darker suntan, can stand on its own, but has wrist peg issues that keep me from recommending it. Similarly with any of the floppy-footed bodies (even if they are more aesthetically pleasing, action figures should be able to stand on their own).
Who does he have with his wrists on the S12D?
What do you think of S19B?
I'm sorry to ask all these questions, I'm trying to learn a lot;)

·
Registered
851 Posts

I believe there are no longer any darker or 'old' suntans being produced by TBL for the older S02 to S12. You might be lucky to find them in secondary markets. TBL only produces their lighter 'new' Suntan.
Below Right is the new suntan I received late last year when I bought the S12D.

Who does he have with his wrists on the S12D?
What do you think of S19B?
I'm sorry to ask all these questions, I'm trying to learn a lot;)
The S19B is MB, much less curved than the S12D
Here is my S19B.

·
2,105 Posts
Thanks, martian, I didn't realize (or had forgotten that) they still made new S12D bodies. But not surprised that they have switched to their new suntan for new releases. Do the new S12D bodies lack the wrist peg problem that seemed to plague the original version -- mine had that problem, and I seem to recall others did to, which is why I have never considered that body again.

Anyway, I put together a side-by-side comparison of the newer Phicen/TBLeague bodies -- again, just the suntan versions -- matched with a few heads that seemed close enough.

And then the newer petite ones -- both pale (left) and suntan (right).

That's as much help as I can offer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes thank you very much.
Well, my choice will be on the S12D or the S21B ...
What did you want to say about the wrist problem on the S12D?

·
Registered
851 Posts
My problem with the wrist of the S12D was shown in this previous thread:
Cat Toys CT007A aka Cindy Aurum & CT008A - Review
I snapped a detail pic there, where I tried to forcefully pull the rubber band jacket sleeve through the arm and found that the silicon end is attached to the wrist ball, and it tore in the process. But if you didn't hve such a sleeve, you wouldn't experience this problem.

Other than that, I don't know what problem you mean GF?

·
2,105 Posts
The S12D bodies (at least the original batch) seem to commonly exhibit the problem of a relatively loose fit of the metal wrist peg onto the lower arm. When removing the hands, chances are the metal wrist peg would come off with the hand, instead of remaining attached to the lower arm as it should. And when you try to place it back in the opening on the lower arm, it would not stay there securely, if at all. Someone posted a fix tutorial on here (this was years ago), in which you had to roll back the rubbery "skin" and use pliers to pull down towards the end the little metal part that is supposed to keep the top end of the wrist peg trapped into the lower arm. In theory it works, but in practice the fit is still not as secure or dependable as it should be, and in the process one is likely to cause at least a little bit of damage to the rubbery "skin."
I don't know if newer versions of the S12D body have overcome this very annoying issue.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The S12D I have (is new suntan) seems to have a very secure metal wrist ball joint (which seems to be a single continuous component of the whole forearm skeleton), and the silicon skin is attached to the end of the metal skeleton arm at the base of the ball joint. The hands snap on to the ball joint very securely, much better than the Jiaou Doll fitting in my experience.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts