One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm highly curious how people get these figures to stay in position without falling over. I've asked this question multiple times and have never gotten an answer. I'm especially interested in the ones that are obviously in a position to where they'd fall without some type of glue or tricks that I can't see.
Awesome figure/display. What's his name?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed viewing your vignette. Beautiful presentation and workmanship. Thanks very much for sharing it with us all.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Un-freaking-believable work on both figure and diorama. The amount of detail is astounding. I'd line to nominate this for KotM.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Does anyone know how people keep the figures from falling over in these dynamic displays?
Sorry nobody answered you...

There's various ways of keeping a figure in an action pose, one way is to drill through the boot and foot and fix a peg that can be glued into a hole drilled into the base, it's pretty invasive and not something I like to do. Another way is to use some wire and fasten it to the leg with elastic bands, leaving a length protruding out of the bottom of the trouser leg, then again glued into the base at a position where it isn't easily visible.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Fantastic dio!!! I love all the details of the scene from the burglar grille to the bits of rebar sticking out, and of course the partial sign. You've really captured the scene so well. I love the figure also, he looks tense but determined, and the pose is fantastically lifelike.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Oh cool. Thanks. I've been trying to figure it out. I've got a little diorama being made for a Vietnam era Wolverine and I was trying to keep my options open. I didn't even think about the drilling! I've seen so many creative poses these folks do and all I knew is I could barely get a figure to stand upright without a base much less get one to stay put in all these dynamic poses!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Who is the man that would risk his neck
For his brother man?
Shaft, can you dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about?
Shaft, right on

They say this cat Shaft is a bad mother
Shut your mouth
But I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft
Then we can dig it

Awesome figure and display.

·
WWII Guy
1,418 Posts
A beautifully rendered figure and base! Just outstanding detail every where you look!
Superb work

Cya
Hankster

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.