One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to announce the appearance of my detailed review of Blitzway/Damtoys' Universal Soldier action figures of Andrew Scott (Dolph Lundgren) and Luc Deveraux (Jean-Claude Van Damme), brought to you courtesy of Michael Crawford/Captain Toy.

You can find the detailed review HERE.

Below are three extra or larger photos.

Hope you like it.

·
Firearms collector
453 Posts
Nicely done! I just wanted to chime in and say that while the firearms you identified are the ones actually used in the movie, DAM included different/more modern versions with these figures:

-Desert Eagle Mk. Is were used in the movie, though the pistols included with the figures are modern Desert Eagle Mk. XIXs.

-The pistols you identified as 1911A1s are Beretta 92FS/M9s.

-HK SP89s were used in the movie, but DAM included a proper MP5K with the Deveraux figure (noted by the paddle magazine release and lower receiver).

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DFC - Yep, all the recent guest reviews there are mine.

Scribby - Thanks, and thank you for the clarifications. You are probably right: I am no expert on guns, and I used the wiki page on guns used in movies to make the identifications as best I could. Identifying the smaller pistols was the hardest part for me, so that would explain your correction. As for the submachine gun, I suppose it made sense for DAM to include what the movie was going for, rather than what it actually used (i.e., the altered HK).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts