1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Blade Runner "Android Hunter" repaint and a question for the Dragon fans

Hello!

Below is my repainted Android Hunter.

I'm starting to love the figure - I just need to give the clothes some love and (and this is where y'all come in) swap out the hands. Are Dragon hands all interchangeable with each other? I popped these hands on and off really easily, but I don't have much experience with the Dragon bodies. If anyone could help me figure out which hands will fit on the Dragon body, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Oooookay,

I take it the figure came with a Dragon body, if the feet on the body it came with are solid then it's an Adam and I don't think any other Dragon hands will fit that well. If, on the other hand, the feet are jointed, it's a Neo and any current Dragon hand will fit and BBI G3.5 hands also do as well.

If you really want to have something cool I would advise getting a Neo3, you get much more poseability and he'll stand better in any pose. The Neo 3 will mean that he can aim his weapon with both hands. If you check Monkey Depot or eBay, look for nudes of the following:

Hap Daley
Serge Bernier

Tom Grieger also had a Neo3 but these had floppier joints. I've got both Serge and Hap and haven't had issues with either.

BTW, if that's the original head you've repainted it looks awesome

Look forward to seeing him when he's done

CHEERS!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Is this figure one that actually says Android Hunter on the box?

I seem to remember Kidult Garden doing a Deckard that had a Neo and a vinyl version of Frontline's head. Having said that, I'm pretty certain the head you've got isn't Lonnie's.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is indeed the Android Hunter figure. It came with two heads, the puffy-faced soft vinyl, and the vinyl one with the pink lips pictured on the left of the before and after (I have heard this head referred to as the "V3" head). I was as surprised as any of you that that pale, crappy head had a decent sculpt waiting to be brought out. The Frontline head was going to be my next stop if the repaint yielded nothing. I saw it as practice for the resin head. Now that it's painted, I really prefer this sculpt to Frontline's.

I'd have to check the figure when I get home, but not sure if it's an Adam or not. The hands do pop on and off very easily, with pegs that go up the forearm. I'm hoping to upgrade the left hand to an open hand (or at least not that curled looking pose) and maybe see if a pistol-grip right hand isn't a better fit for the gun.

Thanks for the feedback, and thank you Roger for the suggestions!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Android hunter

Wow, I never even knew they made this figure. Great movie and your figure is just perfect, least the re-paint. Those close need some attention however. As for hands I think you have to give him the broken fingers taped up. Where would one go about finding this figure on line?
"All this will be Lost like tears in the rain"

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
That's the result of only a repaint?? Holy cow!!! I would have never picked that HS for the figure you put together, but you did an amazing job of making it work and work well!!!

·
Head in the clouds...
1,457 Posts
Fantastic job on the repaint. It's amazing to see an actual Harrison Ford looking sculpt underneath that original paint.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks fellers.

Boogie - do an ebay search for "Android Hunter". They're pricey, but for an out-of-commission 1/6 scale figure, you can't beat the clothes and die-cast metal gun. This one comes with the extra head, which is the one I repainted.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts