One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If HOT TOYS DID ORIGINAL BLADE? This was my labor of love. The ammo vest was easier to make than I actually thought. No sewing at all until the back straps with snaps sewn to elastic and back part of vest. Used Blade II Jacket fused or fabric and super glued to create the flow that the jacket has. Spike were made from sewing needles and an Dremel until shape was achieved. Real metal between stakes on holder. Painted MAC and then buffed with 1000 grit sand paper until shiny. Custom made belt and holster as well. ENJOY the PICs and Maybe this will get the attention of HOT TOYS!!!

Attachments

· Registered
767 Posts
Love that vest! Very nicely done. I much prefer it to the Blade 2 one, as i felt that one was too fancy. The Blade 1 vest looks far more purposeful. Funny how almost all the HT related threads end up saying re-release Blade, please!!!!

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, I forgot to mention that this is a WIP. Still need the red lines, paint the sculpt, paint the body. Also Hot Toys coat was mended with the Medicom Blade coat to create the flow of the original. Vest was made by cutting out paper patterns, used imitation leather that is found on a journal or photo album ( Walmart) and cut out patterns, used thin foam strips to create the padded ribs on the side where the extra clips go, covered them, glued down by pressing a ruler between to get the space between the ribs. Lined the vest using black nylon, the chest shaped pads are made from an eyeglass car found at target ( perfect black like foam rubber) glued one on top of the other to get the thickness, cut the ends of pins for little stud accents on pant and stake holder, Small pouches are made from small pieces of styrene and then super glued black nylon over. I won't be making any more as this is just a hobby and Ive always wanted Blade's original outfit, it's just so tactical and functional.

Attachments

· Speed Thrills
3,756 Posts
Love that vest! Very nicely done. I much prefer it to the Blade 2 one, as i felt that one was too fancy. The Blade 1 vest looks far more purposeful. Funny how almost all the HT related threads end up saying re-release Blade, please!!!!
:wideyesOUTSTANDING !!!:woohoo. No doubt about it, You did it...! In all honesty your vest and weapon set up[spikes etc.] Is better than HT's Blade II. The vest looks functional [real]. I want one...Seriously, if you were to cosider reproducing the vest and spike set up for sale. I WANT TO BE 1ST IN LINE. Get yourself a team together my friend and get this gear out there... Then we wont have to wait for HT's:clap

· Say what?
9,484 Posts
That's beautiful work, man.

Helluva job; really...helluva job.

· Speed Thrills
3,756 Posts
Love it mate! The vest is brilliant, you have made me want to re-make mine as its not as good as yours :)
I dont think Hot Toys will be able to match this vest. The one on B2 is not as nice as this one. The spike holster leggy thing is smokin too. Man I Dig this for real!:drool

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.