1,122 Posts
That dude is bada$$!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
See subject.

THE FIGURE & PICTURES ARE BY SIXTH SCALE REX

--

Thank you Chung for hosting the pics and posting them for me!! REALLY Appreciate it!

Thank you guys!! I'm glad you enjoy him!!!

The background for this figure's build was I wanted to do a figure in black, but not break the bank. (yeah, we know allllll about that.)

I had some inspiration from the old AT set "Escape from Spy Island" I guess this set is the sequel - "Return to Spy Island"...

The tactical kilt was something I've been looking at for months.Finally went for it - I also wanted a bigger, beefy body, put had to have decent calves, not the standard skinny ones on the majority of figures. I got the ACE body and kilt set from Cotswolds. The rest of the gear came from BlackOpsToys.
I had the boots. As for the head, I wanted a bearded fellow, I searched and searched and found this on on ebay, VERY happy with it!
The Vector - I didn't want to pay the $40-+ going rate for a loose one. I found this one, a "model kit" for only $12- It's not as detailed as the $40+ one, but for $12- couldn't beat it. Now I see DAM is releasing a Vector set(s), that's going to be impossible to ignore!

I wanted "Angus MacCready" to have a bit of an "attitude" and the can of Skoal just fit the bill!

I still need to source a side arm for him.

I'm very happy with the assault vest / backpack setup, but it's sooooooooooooo tempting w/ the upcoming DAM sets, I might be replacing it. So, yeah, got to source a backpack for him.

I'd thought about putting some gloves on him and got a pair of ZERT gloves from BlackOpsToys, but ol' Angus has big hands. The gloved hands just don't work for this beefy fellow.

He was a fun bash, I enjoyed perusing the loose parts at BlackOpsToys, thanks to Cotswold for not only the kilt set, but the most affordably priced ACE body!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,960 Posts
Awesome stuff Rex :thumb

I remember when DocHoliday666 did a custom PMC in kilt about 8 years ago. Maybe a bit less. These new sets and customs totally remind me of that.

I have been eyeballing the MC version of the Utilikilt set. I should really jump on that before they disappear.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Awesome stuff Rex :thumb

I remember when DocHoliday666 did a custom PMC in kilt about 8 years ago. Maybe a bit less. These new sets and customs totally remind me of that.

I have been eyeballing the MC version of the Utilikilt set. I should really jump on that before they disappear.
Thanks much bro!!
I'd been looking at the sets, trying to figure out what I could do with them. And like you said, I didn't want to decide and have them already disappear!

I like the kit alot, although I do wonder why they included a tan belt with the black kilt? It has tiny, little bitty snaps to hold it together. All in all, a fun set, glad I got it. I may go back and get the camo one. Just snagged a bearded head, got put him in something! lol

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Nice! Great choice of HS for a kilted bash!
Thank YOU! I was searching and searching for a good headsculpt for the "kilted warrior", and I found this one, it was a "OH YES! Buy it NOW" moment!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts