One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Absolutely astonishing Bitter End!

I've wanted to make something similar for my 1/6 quad, and another for my scale snowmobiles. I just had no clue where to start! You've certainly shown me it's totally doable. I thank you for that!

I shall get to mine hopefully this summer.

MC

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
Awesome bike lift, is it going to work as well. Anyway I shall take inspiration from yours for one in my garage.
Cheers

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It's been a few days since I updated any progress to my garage. I've been doing a major upgrade on my SCX10 JK and working out a power supply for the garage.

One of the accessories that I put together was a 1/6 land anchor for the Wiley's. I always love to work with fire!

Now the power supply project hasn't gone nearly as smooth as I had hoped. What should have been easy peasy has turned out to be a little bit of a head scratcher. I had this old computer power supply laying around for years and in the dark resecces of my feeble mind it was a good to go unit from bygone years when I built my own computers. In hindsight I should have verified it wasn't DOA before I started. But I'm committed to using a set up like this to put lights and action to work in the garage. A little troubleshooting will hopefully figure it out.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Gosh, that lift came out beautifully. Just like 1:1 and built by your hands.
Love watching your shop come together with every new post from you.

I admit my brain shut down when I got to the transformer bit. Wiring and electric is not part of my vocab just yet x.x

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Awesome bike lift, is it going to work as well. Anyway I shall take inspiration from yours for one in my garage.
Cheers
Thanks, that was a great project and addition to the garage. As far as working; it has about three inches of motion before the cylinder (scale shock absorber from my 1/10 gear) runs out of throw. The safety lock bars work as it moves across each safety peg it can lock in at any point of travel and the nylon wheels do turn and roll.

The front wheel locking mechanism completely folds out as a 1:1 and back up again to lock in the front tire and wheel assembly securing the bike on the workbench. So to answer your question; sort of.

Mannnnnnnnnnnn, this is just sooooooooooo COOL!!!!
Thanks! I'm enjoying stretching my grey cells trying to figure out how to make the next piece.

Gosh, that lift came out beautifully. Just like 1:1 and built by your hands.
Love watching your shop come together with every new post from you.

I admit my brain shut down when I got to the transformer bit. Wiring and electric is not part of my vocab just yet x.x
Yea the power supply is a boring piece of gear and will be hid from view, but I think you will dig what it will do in the very near future. Without it I would be just a static display (which can be cool in and of itself) but with the ability to light, turn, move and rotate, the dio moves to the next level of scale smoke and mirrors!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I should have posted this snap with the rest. It shows a better view of the front tire/wheel locking assembly. Actually my favorite part of the lift build. I used brass brads for the hinge pins with the smallest touch of solder on the shaft of them to hold them into the swivel point.

And as a sneak peek - You can see in the background a small acrylic fish tank I put together (waiting for the power to be turned on so a light hood can be built and powered up!)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
After Easter dinner I was tinkering around with some LED lighting and got sidetracked for a moment with a couple of fun projects. I know that they don't look like much on their own but as I add layer after layer of small little details my hope is it will add up to something worth while in the end.

One of my Easter guests wondered out to the garage and saw me mounting the trophy fish, looked around at the rest of the scale garage and asked, "you're not going to make it talk... are you?" Ha, that was funny.

If you are looking for a quick and easy way to put together a 1/6 fire extinguisher, this is it, a spent CO2 cartridge and an alligator clip, easy peasy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
This is cool. Are you going to add a safety strap to the bike lift? I remember my brother knocking his bike over once and always using the strap after that. This is very inspiring band cool. Thanks for all the behind the scenes pictures.
I ran across some scale ratchet straps last month but they were very expensive so I passed. I haven't tried to build them myself yet (they are on my ever growing two page "to do" list), but come on Big Dave... tie down straps? That would just be way over the top! :lol:lol

Thanks for the kind words, have a great day!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I wish I could remember what artisan I got the door knob, light switch and outlet plates, I would love to give him/her credit (I can't even find the website again...). I was surfing along and found a 1/6 scale high lift jack and purchased it, but I noticed there were several other bits and bobs for sale so I ordered up a few samples.

I colored these in a silver, I think they will work out great.

·
Semper Fi Marines
508 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
First OMG!!! you need to move to Dallas so we can combine DIO's and R/C projects I have over 40 vehicles in the fleet. Second can we see about getting this posted in the General section? I would have never seen this if I didnt do a search of something and stumbled across it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
First OMG!!! you need to move to Dallas so we can combine DIO's and R/C projects I have over 40 vehicles in the fleet. Second can we see about getting this posted in the General section? I would have never seen this if I didnt do a search of something and stumbled across it.
Thanks vapor, I don't know how to make that happen. 40 vehicles, holy smokes! I'd need more room!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts