One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cool, I've got a title...
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the most part, I am happy with this figure but it seems from pictures, it needed something. So for my first crack, I added the parachute, some spent shells and the intercom box. The parachute is from one of the DID figures, the spent shells are also from DID. The pictures are downloaded off the internet as is the magazine. The Intercom box is scratch built.

·
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
But it still needed something. So I did a little more searching and found pictures of the oxygen system.

I think I still need to figure out how the tubing was put on. Probably some touching up so it doesn't look so raw. But I think it looks much better.

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
not to pick nits...but he does need to be wearing his chute harness so he can clip the pack on if he needs to bail.i do like the hookup for the 02 lines(the bailout bottle..aka 'walkaround bottle",is nearby as it should be).osprey did a book about flight gear of WW2 that has some good artwork.and that upcoming dragon infantry figures 'flak jacket' would look good with this.this is a pricey figure....but your photos do really show it off.looks darn good.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Very nice indeed,

My retailer was forced to pass on these as the distributor offered them at too high a price. Right when I could afford it as well. Looks like yours is as close as I'm going to get!

He looks brilliant though and the additions finish it off a treat

CHEERS!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Very, very nice! I really like this figure. Back in the day, I had begun to build a complete crew, as sort of a homage to my Dad, who flew B-17's and B-24's.

I got two ApeJoe sets, a Dave Rogers and a Major MidNite sets. This one is very, very tempting.

I was thinking what might look cool is to build a "box window", and put either a pic of a cloud/sky or if possible, a pic of a fighter and flak all around...

·
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sixth Scale said:
Very, very nice! I really like this figure. Back in the day, I had begun to build a complete crew, as sort of a homage to my Dad, who flew B-17's and B-24's.

I got two ApeJoe sets, a Dave Rogers and a Major MidNite sets. This one is very, very tempting.

I was thinking what might look cool is to build a "box window", and put either a pic of a cloud/sky or if possible, a pic of a fighter and flak all around...
A box window would be cool but the other side of this looks pretty nice too.....

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
i've been thinking this is just the thing for such a set up.kinda a forced perspective thing.could a 1/144 fortress be squeezed in?...does anyone make 1/350 scale me-109s or fw-190s?he needs something to shoot at.maybe a wounded 21st century b-17 crewman nearby?lots of possibilities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts