One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Do not know if this topic has been raised before but I still have this big, huge, tremendous dilemma...which Indy should I preorder???

I know we only have a bunch of photos to evaluate but based on your experience...pros, cons, any orientation, pleaseeee, some light on this dilemma!!!!! :confused:

Thanks everybody for stopping by.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Sideshow is an easy given. They nailed everything about it and they're giving a bundle of accessories.

Medicom is almost double the price of SS, the hat looks like a Texas Sheriff, and the scale of all Medicom figures stand at 11 inches so he'll look 'tarded next to your other 1:6th figs.

Takara is the most overhyped company I've ever seen. After years of salivating and reading and hearing endless praise, I bought their Batman Begins figure only to see that it was truly inferior in all ways to the HT release. The Bale sculpt was a cool addition, but not for $60 more. With the rumored price of Tak Indy being $400, I truly doubt if they'll deliver anything I just absolutely must own.

Just my opinion, of course.

·
Registered
313 Posts
To me, the sideshow won the war for Indy hands down.

Sideshow - Decent price, 2 heads, some very cool Indy accessories, HS looks close resemblance too..

Medicom - Undersized, overpriced, funny sculpt.

Takara - Comes with a price tag that you can buy 3 barrels of oil..

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I'd personally go with the Sideshow Indy... but a big part of that is the cost and the new body. I'm a bit of a body junkie... which sure sounds weird. Anyway I like seeing new bodies. I have a few Takara figures and I am very happy with their quality. The Indy they may be putting out isn't exactly made by them from what I have been hearing and is more like... distributed by them. I only have one Medicom figure and it's an old convention exclusive from like 1999 so I don't think it's indicative of their current figures. Even still, they seem a bit more money for what you get than anyone else. Even compared to Takara (who while I like are a bit overpriced compared to HT and SS).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts