One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Astronomical object Font Circle Science Space
Brown Hairstyle World Black Human

The movie “Dune” will be released worldwide on October 22nd. Directed by Denis Villeneuve, and acted by all-star cast including "Sweet Tea" Timothy Chalame, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Zendaya, Zhang Zhen, Jason Moma, it presents a mysterious and touching journey of a hero. As fate shows, the gifted teenager Paul Ertridi decided to embark on a thrilling adventure to defend his family and people by heading to the most dangerous planet in the vast universe. At the same time, various forces have joined the battlefield in order to seize a precious resource on the planet that can unlock the greatest potential of mankind. In the end, only those who can overcome their fears can survive.
The film is adapted from the novel with same name that is written by Frank Herbert and known as “the most imaginative work in history”. The entire Hollywood has been waiting for half a century, and the sci-fi film's new godfather, Denise Villeneuve finally brings it to the screen with Hollywood’ s top cast! Besides, this film presents an unprecedented sci-fi imagination including the spectacular sand sea of the Dune Planet, the murderous plot of the Ertridi family, the alien melee involving multiple forces, and great scenes such as the giant sand worms. present. A star war that can determine the future of the universe is kicking off. In order to satisfy the fans’ desire for collection, AUGTOYS will promote collection-level products based on the characters and props in the film. Come and join us to start this exciting adventure of alien planets.

As a local brand in China, AUGTOYS is pleased to work with “Dune” to design and produce 12-inch treasured movable puppets.
The core members of AUGTOYS have more than 10 years of experience in the industry, and will design and create more model products for vast number of players.

AUGTOYS have acquired the license to produce the 12 inch action figures from the popular sci fi movie "DUNE".

We are pleased to announce that Zhuan Ye Toys Collectible Marketing Enterprise have been appointed as the sole distributor for the sales and marketing of its range of action figures.

Please stay tune for more updates.
Hair Poster Font People Happy

·
Registered
670 Posts
Strange why hot toys didn't pick up the license. Or maybe there was a bidding war?
Anyways, it sounds like a new toy company without track record. I'll keep my eyes open for the prototype images. Dune has so many interesting characters and movie has many celebrities in it. It won't be cheap.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Unless the movie picks up the pace, I have no interest in this film as the books were beyond tedious (and this coming from someone who reads a crap-ton of classic literature) — regardless of the celebrity draw.

·
Registered
864 Posts
To each their own interest! This movie needs its 2nd part to complete the book.

I was impressed by David Lynch's version of Dune back in the early 80s, which lead me to read Frank Herbert's book then. It was not an easy read, but neither was Azimov's Foundation. I watched David Lynch's Dune quite a number of times, and each time I saw more underlying layers in it. That intrigued me even more each time.

I've yet to see this one. And I won't dare visit the theatres under current conditions. But the trailer of Villeneuve's Dune is really impressive. Unfortunately, much less is Hans Zimmer's score for it, compared to many of his line of impressive jaw dropping works.

Sadly I don't have any space for this 1/6 collection!!!:rolleyes:

I wonder if any company would offer the model of that dragonfly vehicle. That's a really interesting concept, last seen as another iteration in George Lucas's Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. This Dune version is so detailed in its mechanics (AH64 Apache-ish/AH-1 Cobra feel) compared to the simpler Wookiee fluttercraft design in Star Wars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strange why hot toys didn't pick up the license. Or maybe there was a bidding war?
Anyways, it sounds like a new toy company without track record. I'll keep my eyes open for the prototype images. Dune has so many interesting characters and movie has many celebrities in it. It won't be cheap.
We will release the official image of the first product soon,Stay tuned for~

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I've been waiting for Lynch versions of the cast because DUNE is one of my favorites (truly underrated but admittedly....full of David Lynch Weirdisms that some can't stomach) for like ever......I haven't seen the new one but it feels like a more literal translation (including the look of the characters) of the book, which is good............but I love that Lynch version.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've been waiting for Lynch versions of the cast because DUNE is one of my favorites (truly underrated but admittedly....full of David Lynch Weirdisms that some can't stomach) for like ever......I haven't seen the new one but it feels like a more literal translation (including the look of the characters) of the book, which is good............but I love that Lynch version.
Literally watching the Lynch version (again) now. I had hoped that the rumored 5-hour cut would surface after the release of Dune. Its been a longtime favorite, but after seeing both more than 5 times here is my take:

Production, Costume, Worm Design: Lynch > Villeneuve
Cinemaphotography, Script & Acting: Villeneuve > Lynch

Lynch pushed for 2 films and was denied. Villeneuve will have his 2. Based on what was left to of the books, I believe it would take three 2-1/2 hour films to do the source material justice.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts