One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new and wanted to introduce my self, hi. I have a question and would greatly appreciate it if some one could give me any info. I’m trying to make a bi-pod for a rifle and my question is were could I get the little springs that go with the bi-pod.

Thanks
O

·
Monkey Gun Man
2,019 Posts
I have not found any that are the right size. I make mine out of wire and a small round rod. I also use springs in weapons that I cut up and they work pretty good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Try kids toys.... take apart the toys that have spring up flaps, dors etc. i have found many tiny springs ideal for bi pods....SGT

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where the hell do you buy springs anyways? The only springs I ever find are in the god damn pens.And most of them are too big or too strong for my weapons.

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
I work at a hardware store distribution center. We have hundreds of different size springs and I am always wondering what size would be right. If anyone has a 1/6 conversion for the size needed I could try to find them and give you guys a product name and number to order.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A site with useful data on spring-making - http://home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/matls.html

The diameter of the spring stock used in HotToys bipod extension springs looks to mike out at 0.010", you could cheat a little, but the HT springs sure look good.

Being an inveterate scrounger, I agree with the others that old and broken toys, cassettes, cameras, and players are great for small parts and springs. I haven't scrounged any so far, which replicate the HT springs.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
BTW endaccess, pardon my manners. Welcome to the OSW!

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is there anyway you can get access to springs without Having to TEAR UP SOMETHING EXPENSIVE first.Or does anybody know what brand store sells these things?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Try taking apart some old computer CD ROM and floppy drives. Another source if you just want the look is light filaments. I just replaced a halogen headlight bulb and the remaining filament looked perfect. Doubt it stretches though. The spring that pushes up the flint in a disposable lighter also looks to be about the right diameter.

- Ivan.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Good tips, you guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts