One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased a 12 inch Captain Marvel from Hasbro and though the body isn't terrible it's a bit out of proportion to her head which is a bit large and I was wondering if there was a better body that would work with the figures head.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
I meant to post these back in early April and obviously forgot. Have you seen these ??

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
Back in the day . . .

Such offerings were usually procured to "cannibalize" for the outfits, etc. and not necessarily the body or head sculpt.

The head sculpts are oversized for the average/typical 1:6 generic female or male body unless one is fine with the oversized head sculpt.

Personally speaking, I'd get them to cannibalize for kit bashes and ditch the head sculpts and bodies.

·
Registered
668 Posts
These really aren't 1:6 figures, they're meant to be fashion dolls. It's the Marvel version of SW Forces Of Destiny. Articulation & gimmicks aren't necessarily consistent, but at least this line isn't plagued with the tiny companion pack-in figures that SW suffered, where R2-D2, Yoda, etc were WAAAAAAY too small. The SDCC Leia ANH box set had R2 on a platform in the box to hope to mimic the iconic scene, the pack-ins are barely larger than the 6" Black Series figures. FoD is actually going for clearance rates now, I was half tempted to get Sabine Wren on Amazon to go with the old Boba & Jango but eh.... even at $10 it looks way to cheaply made to display with those, and the dumb gimmick leaves a massive cut for a waist joint that can't even be posed.

On the plus side these look to have full clothes, unlike FoD only having 50% clothes mixed with sculpted bits. On the down side, the clothes likely won't fit any proper 1:6 bodies unless you go with some specialty size body- which would probably defeat the purpose of getting a new body.

Funny enough, despite Disney's reasoning for taking their stuff away from Mattel and moving to Hasbro, they've been letting Mattel have more of their doll licenses again.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Back in the day . . .

Such offerings were usually procured to "cannibalize" for the outfits, etc. and not necessarily the body or head sculpt.

The head sculpts are oversized for the average/typical 1:6 generic female or male body unless one is fine with the oversized head sculpt.

Personally speaking, I'd get them to cannibalize for kit bashes and ditch the head sculpts and bodies.
Yep going to have to agree.

·
12,923 Posts
I did use these to make a Ghost Spider, Ms Marvel, and Patriot. Ghost spider and Patriot I used Phicen bodies. Ms Marvel, I used a Cool Toys body. Flicker is down for Maint. I'll post pic later if anyone is interested.
--

You bet your sweet bippy you better!

·
12,923 Posts
Your pictures convinced me to go out, find the sets, and buy them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts