One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1/6 Action Figures such as: Hot Toys, Art Figures, Enterbay, EdStar, Toys Dao, Dragon Models, etc.
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Who doesn't like killing Nazis?"

This is the Terror Billy 1/6 figure that came with Wolfenstein II - The New Colossus.
Except it's been heavily modified.

The original very cheap plastic body, has been replaced with the Phicen m33 seamless body.

The hardest part was the head because I had to carve the inner hole much bigger to fit the stainless steel head peg.

But it came out better then I imagined. The boots were changed as well. The original ones were slip on cheap plastic.

There's not really much Wolfenstein 1/6 Action Figures, so I am really proud to show him off. He is one of my favorite heroes.

Hope you enjoy these dynamic poses, and pictures. it's even more cool that he is a mix of old era, and new era.
as much as I did.

·
Registered
1/6 Action Figures such as: Hot Toys, Art Figures, Enterbay, EdStar, Toys Dao, Dragon Models, etc.
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,873 Posts
Wow I did not expect a response this fast! So glad you think so bro! It took alot of work, but I'm quite glad it payed off.
--

Personally, I believe using the M33 body is moot.

PHICEN seamless bodies (female or male) IMHO are intended for looks when the body is meant to be shown and not fully dressed (covered) like Billy is. Tight fitting clothing is an exception where the body's contour/physique is obvious.

You could have opted use the HT standard/generic TrueType body that is readily available and could have saved the neck hole modification.

Ultimately, if you're happy/satisfied with it . . . then that's what matters.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
--

Personally, I believe using the M33 body is moot.

PHICEN seamless bodies (female or male) IMHO are intended for looks when the body is meant to be shown and not fully dressed (covered) like Billy is. Tight fitting clothing is an exception where the body's contour/physique is obvious.

You could have opted use the HT standard/generic TrueType body that is readily available and could have saved the neck hole modification.

Ultimately, if you're happy/satisfied with it . . . then that's what matters.
Yeah you're right. But in this situation it was different. I had brought the Phicen m33 Body way before I got Terror Billy. I didn't have another body at the time to use, so i decided to give him it.

But also from the attention to detail where as his head got transplanted to a super German body. So it doesn't match up with his head which is pretty cool. And the heavy body makes sense as well. It's a super muscled body in the game.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,873 Posts
Yeah you're right. But in this situation it was different. I had brought the Phicen m33 Body way before I got Terror Billy. I didn't have another body at the time to use, so i decided to give him it.

But also from the attention to detail where as his head got transplanted to a super German body. So it doesn't match up with his head which is pretty cool. And the heavy body makes sense as well. It's a super muscled body in the game.
--

Always have/keep/store extra spare 1:6 bodies (jointed/seamless). You never know when the need arise.

Better to have it and need it than need it and not have it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
--

Always have/keep/store extra spare 1:6 bodies (jointed/seamless). You never know when the need arise.

Better to have it and need it than need it and not have it.
True. Fair enough.

·
Registered
224 Posts
To be fair the TBL bodies (Phicen) are truly excellent at holding realistic poses and staying on their feet. Their articulation is truly a marvel, at least the female ones (I've never worked with the male bodies but assume they are the same). And the super tight ankle posts are great at holding the pose without toppling like some of the cheaper plastic ones (this is when using the stock feet inside shoes). And their weight makes them feel realistic in those poses. But DFC is right that they are meant to "show some skin" especially at the joints where they have a realism advantage over the plastic ones. The only problem is: if you leave them in a bent pose, the skin WILL rip, so you have to return them to a straight arm and leg pose for long term and only bend them when taking pics or showing them to your friends or something! The plastic ones you can obviously leave in the same pose forever and nothing will happen to them. I find this annoying as heck.

If you need some good quality plastic bodies to replace old cheap or broken ones, I like the COO narrow shoulder one with the movable neck. It's usually around $20 or less and is pretty solid and looks good for "average male" sizing. Not good for hulky ripped guys though! There are other types for that, and I think COO also has those.

Nice figure and I like your "quick" fight scene! :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be fair the TBL bodies (Phicen) are truly excellent at holding realistic poses and staying on their feet. Their articulation is truly a marvel, at least the female ones (I've never worked with the male bodies but assume they are the same). And the super tight ankle posts are great at holding the pose without toppling like some of the cheaper plastic ones (this is when using the stock feet inside shoes). And their weight makes them feel realistic in those poses. But DFC is right that they are meant to "show some skin" especially at the joints where they have a realism advantage over the plastic ones. The only problem is: if you leave them in a bent pose, the skin WILL rip, so you have to return them to a straight arm and leg pose for long term and only bend them when taking pics or showing them to your friends or something! The plastic ones you can obviously leave in the same pose forever and nothing will happen to them. I find this annoying as heck.

If you need some good quality plastic bodies to replace old cheap or broken ones, I like the COO narrow shoulder one with the movable neck. It's usually around $20 or less and is pretty solid and looks good for "average male" sizing. Not good for hulky ripped guys though! There are other types for that, and I think COO also has those.

Nice figure and I like your "quick" fight scene! :cool:
Your explanation is on point. The weight, and feel of the Phicen bodies (even doe this doesn't matter to the people who see it) makes it feel even more satisfying. And it helps with keeping the boots (pun intended) on the ground more easier

But when it comes to articulation, I believe the best I've have seen in person, personally is the Takara 1/6 bodies. Goddamn can they be posed in anyway! It's really amazing honestly because of all these such detailed 1/6 figures nowadays you are so feared to pose super-dynamically because of the fear of damaging it. It's a shame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts