One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined and this is my first post so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that has been answered multiple times. I did a search and many threads are years old.

I need money to pay bills and unfortunately I need to sell my figures. I am hoping to avoid Ebay or consignment. Is there some sort of group for collectors looking to buy who want to avoid those platforms as well?

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,928 Posts
Your post reeks of desperation.

Many online groups have buy/sell/trade sections, but they have rules. If you don't care for rules, then you're SOL. Oh, and this group have rules governing buy/sell/trade posts. If you decide to ignore them, there are consequences.

Facebook have groups dedicated to solely buying/selling 1:6, but . . . they also have varying rules depending on the group.

So there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reek of desperation because I politely asked a simple question? And why do you keep bringing up rules like I don't know there would be any? You're pathetic. I have news for you, acting tough won't make up for the fact that nobody respects you in real life, or that your mother was wildly promiscuous and your father a closet case . You know what reeks of desperation? The fact that you have posted 12,896 times. Just think of all that time you've spent posting what must amount to stupid stuff like you posted here. I'm sure you'll run to someone and tell them I violated the rules you get off to because that's what sissies like you do, but I couldn't care less if I get kicked off this forum. It's more than worth it to say I hope you and everyone you care about gets covid and suffers more than they can imagine.

So there.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi and welcome. There are Facebook groups for this, and you might want to find location based ones. E.g. I'm in Australia and there are specific groups for Aussies. Also, Facebook marketplace. I heard black ops toys also takes purchases but don't know much more. Good luck!

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,569 Posts
Hi Rubicon, I'm sorry that our village idiot has offended you. It seems he's quite adept at stating the obvious. Anyway, OSW has a sales section, www.collectorfreaks.com has a terrific sales section and like the others have said, Facebook marketplace would work, among others. I wish you luck and I hope your situation improves sooner than later.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Spyder, no offense meant to you, but with all due respect, after Rubicon76 comes on here with the likes of "I hope you and everyone you care about gets covid and suffers more than they can imagine," then I think it's inappropriate and totally irresponsible to give him the benefit of "Hi Rubicon, I'm sorry that our village idiot has offended you".

I'm not particularly inclined to defend the one you call "our village idiot" but I think his post was a bit awkward and a bit blunt but not entirely out of line and probably well meant. DFC's general concept, ie "you seem very eager to sell, so make you are aware that there are rules to do it," was not offensive, insulting or inappropriate, though "desperate" was probably a poor word choice on his part, which apparently triggered Rubicon76.

Rubicon76's responding rant on the other hand pretty much disqualifies him as a member of humanity. The ad hominem stuff, and insults like "sissies like you," "stupid," "nobody respects you," plus the absurd slanders to DFC's mother and father (what did they do to get insulted like that) only diminish Rubicon76 himself, but then, that anyone could actually say something like, "I hope you and everyone you care about gets covid and suffers more than they can imagine," simply chills my blood. Comforting him is simply wrong IMHO.

And for the record, I respect DeltaForceChung, so factually no one can say nobody respects him. Then again, I've posted 5,660 times, so I must be a desperate useless person also.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,081 Posts
Cool the tempers folks.

Have a read of the below link for the local requirements. You won't be able to use the area until you get your post count up on the site.

If you're looking to move stuff quickly, Ebay, or some of the Facebook groups will be your best bet. The Trade and Sale area here are good, but have been slow for quite a while, and you most likely will not get the stuff you want to sell moving fast enough just using the Trade and Sale area here.

As already mentioned, try some of the 1:6 bigger retailers. They may be interested in buying complete collections of in-box, and loose items if you're looking to move it in bulk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spyder, no offense meant to you, but with all due respect, after Rubicon76 comes on here with the likes of "I hope you and everyone you care about gets covid and suffers more than they can imagine," then I think it's inappropriate and totally irresponsible to give him the benefit of "Hi Rubicon, I'm sorry that our village idiot has offended you".

I'm not particularly inclined to defend the one you call "our village idiot" but I think his post was a bit awkward and a bit blunt but not entirely out of line and probably well meant. DFC's general concept, ie "you seem very eager to sell, so make you are aware that there are rules to do it," was not offensive, insulting or inappropriate, though "desperate" was probably a poor word choice on his part, which apparently triggered Rubicon76.

Rubicon76's responding rant on the other hand pretty much disqualifies him as a member of humanity. The ad hominem stuff, and insults like "sissies like you," "stupid," "nobody respects you," plus the absurd slanders to DFC's mother and father (what did they do to get insulted like that) only diminish Rubicon76 himself, but then, that anyone could actually say something like, "I hope you and everyone you care about gets covid and suffers more than they can imagine," simply chills my blood. Comforting him is simply wrong IMHO.

And for the record, I respect DeltaForceChung, so factually no one can say nobody respects him. Then again, I've posted 5,660 times, so I must be a desperate useless person also.
You suck as well

·
des123456
124 Posts
I just joined and this is my first post so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that has been answered multiple times. I did a search and many threads are years old.

I need money to pay bills and unfortunately I need to sell my figures. I am hoping to avoid Ebay or consignment. Is there some sort of group for collectors looking to buy who want to avoid those platforms as well?
Hi. Looking for only military figures. How do I get pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts

You can join to ebay and try to make auctions for the figures
Do you have for sale michelle head or figure? Please let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

My response was way, way over the top as it was intended to be. I decided I'd have a little fun with it and up the ante to the power of 10 after he showed he has no manners. At first I figured any group willing to tolerate someone like him wasn't worth my time, but then I saw the other responses from decent people, and decided to stick around and go back to doing the one thing he can't, which is interacting like a well-adjusted human being. Speaking of triggered, the fact that despite being disqualified as a member of humanity was able to garner such a lengthy and sanctimonious response from you makes it more than worth it. As an olive branch to you, I might be able to drum up a beanie baby to give you so you can wipe your tears.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I welcome your latest post. Though I might be a little irritated by the sarcasm, and being called sanctimonious, etc, this latest post was fully IMHO “within bounds” and I take no offense. We may end up having an amicable conversation about some unrelated subject in some future thread.

I see no need to rehash anything further except for one clarification. When you describe your post as “My response was way, way over the top as it was intended to be,” I think probably you never considered the possible impacts of what you were saying. It’s a scary world out there right now. I get it that you wanted to “have a little fun with it and up the ante to the power of 10,” but in September 2021, the person you were addressing could easily have suffered Covid-19 himself, or even lost family members to it. Can you imagine if someone actually in that situation read you telling them that "I hope you and everyone you care about gets covid and suffers more than they can imagine"? I wouldn’t have been the same if you had made your point with something more flip and abstract, like “I hope a 50 ton weight falls on you.” I said your Covid reference was inhuman on its face, but it sounds more like, you just didn’t really think about it. This tells me that you have been fortunate, and probably avoided any direct impacts of the pandemic on yourself and your family, and I am glad about that. Others are not as lucky, so let’s all be mindful.

Reactions: TheFlyingMan81

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Rubicon 76,

You are new to the forum so I am saying to you and other newer members "Welcome Aboard!" I found your comment about wishing Covid 19 on DFC and his family as disgusting as I have had the virus myself. I am not here to dog you as you are new here. I sold my original collection many years ago to pay bills and to put money towards other hobbies so I have been in your shoes. The older guys on this forum are a good bunch of guys and are supportive of each other. They are also inclusive to new guys as well. If you are selling some or all of your collection the post what you have in the commerce section and I am sure you get some buyers. As far as rules go, to me the golden rule is don't rip nobody off. Some of us older members have been burned on deals in the past and that is why we are watchful of newer sellers/buyers. Once a sell or trade is done we usually leave positive feedback to let others know that a person is a stand up guy. So if you have something to sell and want to post it here good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts