One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked to make sure that it hasn't already been brought up, and I didn't find it so I will ask. Does anyone have a step by step way to creating "realistic" slings for their guns? I'd like to replace all those black elastic stretchy slings that some of the guns came with, especially the sling on Dragon "Roys" sniper rifle. I'd like to replace those small rings that's used to hold the sling to the gun as well. Those don't look right.

Much thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not long ago, somebody posted a diagram for properly threading slings on M16 family rifles. The text was in Japanese, but the pictures were informative.

For material, I use the narrowest webbing (black or olive) that Good Stuff To Go sells, and either the buckles saved from the old (eyuck!) elastic slings or leftovers from things like AFI helmets (they include a pack of spares and they've accumulated.)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Some substitute cloth athletic tape for the ribbon webbing. It can be folded and cut to length and width, as well as painted. Available on rolls in most medical product areas of stores.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.