One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which company has the best suit?Dr figures,ACI,Saturday toys,Toy Soldier.

I have seen the offerings from Toy Soldier and Saturday toys and I am liking the ST ones,but don't want a body.I also like the TS versions,but don't like the tie.

Can anyone offer any opinions on the Dr figures or ACI sets?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Which company has the best suit?Dr figures,ACI,Saturday toys,Toy Soldier.

I have seen the offerings from Toy Soldier and Saturday toys and I am liking the ST ones,but don't want a body.I also like the TS versions,but don't like the tie.

Can anyone offer any opinions on the Dr figures or ACI sets?
Well I have one of the TS suits and they are not as good as they seem in the photos, big shoulder pads, thick material, bad tie, the pants and shirt are closed with velcro.

I can't recommend you a good suit, but I can tell you the TS suits are NOT good.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
I have a Dr Figures suit and what i encountered is the suit jacket opens up like a blouse/dress at the bottom seam after some time, it makes the figure looked like he is wearing a short skirt.. ( maybe its only mine having such a problem, after all )

I recently bought the ST Men's Suit Set and i m sold on this one, the workmanship ( sewing etc ) and the material used makes it looks like the real 1:1 stuff, i like the way the ST suit gives the figure a sleek look.

I only have suits from Dr Figures, Sideshow, DML and ST, in my opinion, i think the suit from Saturday Toys is the best in my 1/6 wardrobe.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have a few of the ACI sets and although the quality is great I don't think they would be the best suit around now. The pants are very much a stove pipe cut (very straight and narrow). The Jackets are a little on the fitted side. Check out my Hitman Bash to see how the ACI suit looks on an older regular Dragon body. http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79617
I need to pick up a few ST suits myself....

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I have the ACI suit and though I don't have any of others suits out right now to compare it to, I like the fit of this suit. I put one on a BBI Chuck Morris and it looks pretty good. The only thing I wasn't happy on this suit was the lack of socks. I by passed this by putting a pair of New line cowboy boots on him. I'm working him up as a Vice cop so the boots work for me.

Paul

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
CJ my man... In this mans humble opinion.. The recently released Sat.Toys Suit is the best available Hands down. I was so impressed with this suit I bought both versions. It has a full cut and the gig line is perfect. You military guys know what I mean by that. It fits better on the larger figures Like ACE Hot Toys and even G 3.5. It's the closes thing to a 1:1 tailored suit I've seen. Fully functioning 3 button Jacket. In fact all visible buttons work. Well tailored full cut Shirt with open shirt pocket. The tie is made of nice material and is really tied.. No elastic band. So If you can't tie a half Winsor knot or something comparable don't untie it..[lol,lol] Pants are well tailored with leather belt. No gathering at the pleats. The cuff appears to be dead on the traditional 1 ¼ cuff used as a standard for traditional clothing/Suits i.e. Brooks Brothers, Calvin Klein etc… The cut and drape of the pants would be desired by most well dressed men in the 1:1 world. The ACI suit is nice but it has narrow legs and the lapels on the jacket seem to routinely pucker when the Jacket is closed and their length and with are not consistent with today's fashion trend…[nit picking now lol,lol] I used one for a Hit man bash. I'm using one of the Sat.Toy suits on a bash in progress [Dapper Don- John Gotti] The only negative thing I have to say about this suit is It only comes in black.. Buy it..If you are not 100 % satisfied with it. I WILL BUY IT FROM YOU.

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
I was wondering when you'd chime in BO4F :) Any word on how well it fits on Toy Soldier bodies, seeing as how they're smaller than the others. Just curious as I was thinking of getting a Saturday Toys suit and using it on a TS bash.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Does the ST Set come with a Belt? Cause the only belts i got are Rigger Tac Belts which would ruin the look :D

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Hey Shaun.. I think it would fit cool.. The only problem might be with the length of the pant legs..TS Figs are slightly shorter than some of the aforementioned figures. I tried the Jacket on Hot toys and Ace figs because these are what I use and have the most of.. I dont see a problem with the Jacket and shirt on the TS accept for the length of the Pants and poss the length of the shirt sleeves... Paladin, Yes it does come with Black leather belt with functioning buckle. No velcro..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts