One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a project I'm working on utilizing clothes & gear from the 1960s/1970s 12" GI Joe figures, but I've discovered that many of the modern, better-articulated figures I have don't really fill out the clothes properly (especially baggy in the chest). Can anyone recommend a figure that is well-articulated, but matches the proportion of the old Hasbro Joe bodies?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Frick 'n' Frack
348 Posts
You can add padded body suit top to bulk up a newer body. They also have thigh pieces that fit over the existing thighs to make them beefier

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yes, I agree that padding up modern bodies is the way to go, the best of both worlds in articulation and mass. The early Joe bodies have such unique proportions with longer arms and shorter legs that IMO there aren’t any matching modern bodies out there. Plus, outfits did tended to be baggy on the old Joe bodies, which in part is what gave them their familiar character.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, the GI Joe Heads have no Necks, so a Body with a Long Neck should do. A BBI G3.5 or maybe a Soldier Story Body for instance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts