One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading Generation Kill (soon to be a mini series), I want to kit a figure based on a Marine of the First Recon Batt from the 2003 invasion if Iraq and want to know what would be a good basic setup. Does/did anyone make a good figure as a starting point?

THANX
LURP DOG

·
Registered
486 Posts
Closest fit is HT Marine Sniper(23rd Regiment).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know about the HT Marine Sniper(23rd Regiment). Where can I locate one. They seem to be a little hard to find.

LURP DOG

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just ordered one last Friday afternoon from Toy Square (like you, after reading a book, though in this case, it was HOGs in the Shadows by Milo Afong and is about Marine snipers in Iraq - good book btw). Here is the direct link to the figure. Mine shipped on Monday. Seems like they still have some in stock.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Ditto to Slyster. I don't have my book at current so I can't look at them :[

Depending on which Recon man you want to bash you'll need either a woodland or coyote IBA, the first version, to supplement that figure, as well as an M16A2 or whatever.

DML's Leon is a close fit too. The HT figure is newer/cooler, but has too much and you'll need a clean shaven HS.

·
Registered
189 Posts
LURP DOG said:
I didn't know about the HT Marine Sniper(23rd Regiment). Where can I locate one. They seem to be a little hard to find.

LURP DOG
Just ordered this guy from Toy Square yesterday, and they still have them in stock as of now. Not a bad price too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.