One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

I just took the plunge and went for it! Chinese seller on ebay selling CM toys (H004) muscular body Spartacus figures with all the gear for £19.99 plus £7 shipping.

Ever i just scored big time or im in for a nasty surprise, but to be honest I have not had one single bad transaction with any Chinese sellers so far.

I await with baited breath, these look amazing.

Stu

·
Evil-doer
204 Posts
Sounds like a scam.

Very similar to the Chinese seller that had 2 batches of 10 of the Asmus Morgul Lord for $44.99 w/ Free Shipping just last week.

A tell-tale sign is if the photos, item description and terms are basically cut & pasted from another sellers auction.

What's the seller's feedback like? Join date?

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Here we go again -- this used to be done more with upper Hot Toys figures or Dragon vehicles, so I guess they've moved a bit sideways.

Paypal protects you, but it's not a victimless crime. You get refunded, the Scammer laughs all the way to the Bank, Paypal is out for the refund money but you know they're adding it to fee increases etc for all of us. Don't feed the Scammers!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Looking at the listings it looks like a very obvious scammer account. The prices listed for some of those items are so far below wholesale that you can only be left with one conclusion.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a scam.

Very similar to the Chinese seller that had 2 batches of 10 of the Asmus Morgul Lord for $44.99 w/ Free Shipping just last week.

A tell-tale sign is if the photos, item description and terms are basically cut & pasted from another sellers auction.

What's the seller's feedback like? Join date?
Hard to say on this one, his description does not mirror other sellers ads. He seems to sell a lot with mostly positive feed back but mostly not 1/6 so it could be he is a stock liquidator of bankrupt shops?
Only time will tell if i have been foolish, but lets not write it off right away, he might just be genuine.

Stu

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I'd really like it to be true for you, but there just seems to be too many warning signs Stu. There are definitely bargains to be had on ebay, but the low cost merchandise/unrelated products MO here is a bit obvious. Then there is this:

Like this

That's less than half the wholesale cost, and delivered at that. If they were going to clear it out, it would likely go through a distributor, and even then clearouts aren't at such drastic discounts. I could understand if it was one or two units, but this MO of low cost items to build feedback, then putting multiples of low cost items that are sure to generate a succession of quick impulse buys are a classic cash out scheme with a groomed or bought account.

I honestly hope I'm wrong as I do like seeing people get a bargain, and have nabbed some fantastic bargains myself over the last few years. But as Moonbase Alpha Male notes, even if you take a chance because you are covered, there are others who pay the price for it. I really hope I'm proven wrong and there is just someone who happens to like selling discount alarm clocks, briefs, and 1/6 items :wink Just be sure to pay attention to the claim window and CYA by filing as a SNAD with appropriate documentation.

Hard to say on this one, his description does not mirror other sellers ads. He seems to sell a lot with mostly positive feed back but mostly not 1/6 so it could be he is a stock liquidator of bankrupt shops?
Only time will tell if i have been foolish, but lets not write it off right away, he might just be genuine.

Stu

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
Can you provide a link to the ended auction and/or the seller's other auctions if any?

·
AKA Nigel...
5,053 Posts
I would say it's about the same odds as buying a scratch off card. Just imagine, between the day you ordered it and the estimated arrival time you bought twenty seven one pound scratch cards and none of them won. Would you really be that devastated or even surprised?
You rolled the dice - good for you:)

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
You rolled the dice - good for you:)
Not good for anybody where someone carelessly helps a Scammer steal money, Paypal gets ripped off, and you and I pay for it in rising fees every time we're on EBay. No good in this at all.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not good for anybody where someone carelessly helps a Scammer steal money, Paypal gets ripped off, and you and I pay for it in rising fees every time we're on EBay. No good in this at all.

Don't be too quick to judge Gentlemen, maybe just maybe this is a genuine bargain?

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Several of us already have the seller tried, convicted and sentenced, and the buyer, one of our own, tagged as an accomplice.

Give it a damn rest.

He rolled the dice and took his chances. My personal hope is that he ends up with a nice figure for cheap. And, if he does, there are folks here that will owe him an apology.

He won't get it because the offending parties are always right, but they'll know and so will I.

If not, well, he didn't risk much.

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Several of us already have the seller tried, convicted and sentenced, and the buyer, one of our own, tagged as an accomplice.

Give it a damn rest.

He rolled the dice and took his chances. My personal hope is that he ends up with a nice figure for cheap. And, if he does, there are folks here that will owe him an apology.

He won't get it because the offending parties are always right, but they'll know and so will I.

If not, well, he didn't risk much.
Well said! :agree

David

1 - 20 of 67 Posts