One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Best 1/6 Body for a kit bash?

14K views 39 replies 28 participants last post by  saiko 
#1 ·
hi guys, i just finished to collect items, references and custom jobs to complete my figure, i'm working on it for years [pretty crazy] and now i am choosing a body. What kind i should tkae? i saw the saturday soldier marine body......any advice?

#6 ·
ACE is good with articulation, but limited clothing fit it namely only ACE, HT or sometimes TS, hardly any BBi due to its wide waist, no stands needed for most poses, also, the shoulders slope down, which gives your kitbash a more natural look with clothing and gear

HT true type nudes figures i think has the best articulation (Beckham and Foxx heads), same as ace, no need for stands for most poses, subtle ones to be specific

as for TS, it has good articulation as well, but teh joints are a bit flimsy and difficult to stand by itself, might need a stand to make stay still, though it also has that sloped down shoulders for a natural look, which makes me like it as well

hope this helps

#8 ·
I have concluded that I definately do not like DiD bodies, especially the ones with the bendy hands/floppy wrists and the over-sized goofy feet.

For now, I'm a budget basher. Whatever used body I can acquire cheaper than a new, parted-out body works for me. This usually means Dragon neo Adam or BBI 1.0 or 3.0 bodies (versus, e.g., new Dragon 3.0, BBI 3.5, or HT).

My tastes will likely evolve, however, into more expensive bodies. I'm gradually loosing my ability to avoid hitting the "buy now" button on the high end stuff!

P.S. search OSW for "bodies" and "comparison" or "review" and you'll see previous threads on this topic.

#39 ·
I have concluded that I definately do not like DiD bodies, especially the ones with the bendy hands/floppy wrists and the over-sized goofy feet.

For now, I'm a budget basher. Whatever used body I can acquire cheaper than a new, parted-out body works for me. This usually means Dragon neo Adam or BBI 1.0 or 3.0 bodies (versus, e.g., new Dragon 3.0, BBI 3.5, or HT).

My tastes will likely evolve, however, into more expensive bodies. I'm gradually loosing my ability to avoid hitting the "buy now" button on the high end stuff!

P.S. search OSW for "bodies" and "comparison" or "review" and you'll see previous threads on this topic.
no way did is the best bodys they are the only ones l will ever youz, the hands bend in every direction with out the risk of the small pins breaking and they are the perfect bendy hands to put gloves on.

#10 ·
My favourite body to use is definitely Barrack Sgt's. Its articulation is fantastic and the build of it is more of an average size person unlike many with big bulging chest like a bodybuilder. So I would recommend it but I think it is getting quite hard to get nowadays.

#11 ·
After long thinking, is there really a best body? i mean we have so many different bodies by now, personally id say there is a best body for each individual bash. Sure there are some better and some worse articulationwise, but sometimes you dont need that much articulation if you can achieve the pose you want with a relativly stiff body like the BBI G1 for example.

#14 ·
ask 10 people the same question, get 10 different answers. Here's my .02 cents. Hot Toys is great and the new body from Saturday toys is very nice too. Hot Toys can be expensive though, and I'm not sure the price of a loose Saturday toys one.

I love Barrack Sergeant though. Cheaper than Hot Toys and all but the feet are equal or better (IMO). Can be a bit loose though, but easily fixed.

Medicom bodies rock too. But talk about expensive and a bit on the small side, which can work well for certain bashes.

Here's two to AVOID: DID (awful) and the old Art Buck Sideshow bodies.

#19 ·
It depends on many factors... how much you want to spend, how many bashes you intend to do with the same body and what poses do you plan for the figure once you are finished.

Articulation is great, but so often I see hobbyists use an expensive and highly articulated body only to display it standing up straight.

When I do snipers, I really try hard to find nice, highly articulated bodies. But for most of my bashes, DML works just fine. I like the articulation of the BBi 3.5 bodies, but they are just not realistic in terms of muscularity.

I do like the new TS TF-1 body, however its loose joint issues are well documented. Those can be overcome with a little work. The shoulder spacers can be removed for a more natural slumped shoulder look. I do not like the ankle articulation on the TS bodies, however. The bendy hands do not hold bends very well.

For the number of bashes I do and the increasing cost of kits and loose gear, paying $25 to $30 for an HT nude is just not in the cards.

#24 ·
I´m currently dealing with the same problem that It4lian dUdE has. I orderd tons of stuff for a kitbash and I also got a body, but I´m not sure if that was the right choice body wise. I buyed a Real Guy, because it can take diffrent headsculps. The problem is that it comes with bendy hands and I actually need some black tactical gloves.

I´m not sure what type of body I should buy now, because I also orderd several heads (2 Dragon heads and a GI Joe head) and I also have a BBI head laying around here, that is a left over from the body replace I did. I cant seem to find any loose BBI 3.5 body and I´m not sure about the HT bodies and I never saw a ST body sold loose.

Ok, I still have the 21C Body I got for free, but that one isnt far from ideal. Any suggestions/ideas?

#26 · (Edited)
It really depends what you're doing with it as to which body you need. I did a Jedi recently and thought I'd need a Neo3 in order to do the pose I wanted to do. While waiting for one, I tried the pose with a Neo and it held it. That said, after I completed the bash and put all the gear on it wouldn't stay standing for long and I had to use the footstand. Mind you though, it did save me £40.

If you want to do a dramatic pose, from what I've seen, the BS and HT would be your best bet. If you're prepared to be a bit adventurous, there are several threads around that show you how to modify even the most common or garden bodies to get them to do what you want.

If you can, have several different types of body around and test each one. If you get a pose you like with a nude, always dress it and see if you can do the pose again, clothing, especially boots, makes a lot of difference.

Have fun guys

CHEERS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.