One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bashing a soldier to go with my Bertie a few months before he came out. I had gotten as far as:

I decided though to depart a bit from just a normal soldier and do something a bit more interesting. Besides, that OD really wasn't jiving with he Desert Rat look.

I sketched this up real fast as the sort of thing I might do.

Then sketching a few helmet designs I settled on doing something that echoed Bertie's design:

And I sculpted up a helmet. I left it pretty rough as I think that works with the look I'm going for. The "paint" on the helmet and weatherng is all just a quick mockup to get an idea of what it will look like. The helmet currenty is still just grey. I need to find/make a cape... or maybe I'll just settle with a scarf. Oh and I'm also planning on adding a leather flap on the back of the helmet and probably a chin strap.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
You should change the gloves too imho. They look too modern, something more retro/ww2ish would be better for the overall design, maybe some Tan Leather Gloves (doesnt newline have something like that in their civil war line?) or the Hot Toys Tan Rappeling gloves.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Very cool concept Dedguy. Neat spin on the WW2 theme, I like where it's going.
Can't wait to see him when he's finished, and Berties other companion, ala Tank Girl :D

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Are there pics of the Nom de Plume Figure yet? Or just the Bambaland Artwork?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is the best I have seen thus far. I'm honestly not that crazy about it, mostly not digging the t-shirt and I would have liked to see more weathering. It is the first go from 3A toys though.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts