One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sir Lurksalot
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a couple of silver Beretta 92FS' for a custom I want to do and I am afraid that if I paint a black one, it'll gum up the functions.

The only one in a silver finish I've been able to find is a 21st Century with no moving parts. Does any manufacturer make a functional (working slide, removable magazine), silver 92FS?

If so, where can get some?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dude - paint that sucker then seal it with Dullcote or a good clear flat sealer and you will be good to go. Most of the M9's on the market you can take the slide off and paint them separate so they don't get gummed up.

I think that is your only option as I cannot think of any factory silver gun with moving slide. Dragon did a silver version but it was the old style non moving slide type.

If ya ever make it waaaay out Mesa way again, we can paint them up with the MD paint stash and seal them good like.

·
Sir Lurksalot
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah! Getting assualted by the Monkey Brigade!

Yeah, that's what I figured I'd end up doing but thought I'd check around first. Now I just gotta find one of my AWOL BBI Berettas and get to work...

Thanks guys!

·
Old Jarhead
516 Posts
Model Master Metalizer Lacquer Is the way to go. Pick a color that you like. Airbrush a disassembled piece, buff and seal then put it back together. Very lite coats and functioning should not be an issue.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
These are all very good suggestions so, let me add one more. If you are lacking in weapon weathering and painting skills or they need to be developed her is another suggestion.

1. Take apart as much of the weapon as possible without breaking it.

2. Cover the pistol hand grip with small bit of tape.

3. Get the silver paint you want and dip a little on the brush.

4. Take a tissue and repeatly run the brush over it removing a good bit of the paint.

5. Now using a dry brush method, start to paint the weapon's parts. This will allow you have better control over the outcome and reduce over painting. Mistakes can also be quickly corrected.

5. Let dry!

6. Spray with a Dull Coat if needed.

7. Let dry and reassemble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.