One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wild Bunch Customs
807 Posts
They are cloth, and look really good as far as cloth boots go, although the overall shape/profile is off. DAM did a better version, but that's because they are molded; I'm sure if SS did molded ones they'd be real nice as well.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
If there wasn't a hand in the pic, I would have thought they were 1:1. They look amazing. Glad they are branching out and coming up with new boot brands. I am probably one of the few that still likes molded plastic boots but thats only because some of the cloth ones have been terrible. If all cloth can be this nice or like DAMs, I would be completely sold.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
These are looking great, if these are going on the upcoming project I believe they are this is going to be an outstanding release.

·
Rogue Spear World Champ
557 Posts
They are cloth and holy crap those are sweet. Hopefully for the upcoming aor2 Seal.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Dammit, can anyone send me these pics to my e-mail? I can't go onto Ben's blog here for... yeah.
This is just one more piece of the puzzle affirming that SS has a Neptune's Spear 2.0 in the works. That AOR JPC, maritime cut Core Ops, quad eyes, and the MP7 suggest a high-speed SEAL is coming.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Haha, PM me your email Ryan and I'll send you the pictures.

The boots look amazing. In some pictures -- because of the light/quality-- one looks cloth and one kind seems molded haha. The large and scattered stitching lend an air of 1/6th cloth boots though.

I praise them on their mastery of this, am cringing at the part out prices for them, and am ever so slightly skeptical that production will match this prototype. The recent FBI and other boots I've gotten still have bulgy toes and other expected issues.

Also my hands are super cold and I can barely move some of them, forgive the typos!

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Haha, PM me your email Ryan and I'll send you the pictures.

The boots look amazing. In some pictures -- because of the light/quality-- one looks cloth and one kind seems molded haha. The large and scattered stitching lend an air of 1/6th cloth boots though.

I praise them on their mastery of this, am cringing at the part out prices for them, and am ever so slightly skeptical that production will match this prototype. The recent FBI and other boots I've gotten still have bulgy toes and other expected issues.

Also my hands are super cold and I can barely move some of them, forgive the typos!
Saiko - MK-23 and Wun Lung hooked me up :thumb
Thanks, guys! I'm really liking these. After seeing SS's recent boot-endeavors, I actually do bet the quality's going to be at least *close* to this. SS does boots... unlike DAM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks like cloth to me. Really hope that it'll go with ST6 NS version 2 in AOR1 with the quad eyes NVG, etc. Really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ooohh so daring, they spelled Salomon correctly. I hope it stands in the actual release. I thought they're going to release the mid instead?

What a better way to start the new year!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Ooohh so daring, they spelled Salomon correctly. I hope it stands in the actual release. I thought they're going to release the mid instead?

What a better way to start the new year!
Probably not a great idea given all the hoops distributors are having to jump through to get product into the country. In fact, it's a bad idea.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.