One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Adeno's Fun Time
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sharing some pictures of the new dress I got from Ebay (usually called "Red Sexy Dress") that is now being worn by my Phicen PLMB2014-S02 (original) Tan doll named Belinda. By the way, since there doesn't seem to be any newer Phicen body that matches the original PLMB2014-S02 Tan body, is there a skin tone that matches from the Jiaou Doll brand? This is the older, darker tan, not the newer pale tan. I'm thinking of getting one to replace Belinda's slowly deteriorating body. Thanks!

Here's my full review of the dress if you want to read.

Clothing Hair Face Joint Fashion

Hair Shoulder One-piece garment Dress Neck

Joint Hand Outerwear Shoulder Arm

Face Joint Skin Head Lip

Clothing Hair Face Joint Head

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Nice find, even if not red. :) How is your S02 body deteriorating? Mine seems to be holding up. Speaking of skin tone, if we are talking about the same Phicen product, I have noticed that the head skin tone is not exactly the same as the body skin tone. At any rate, Jiaou Doll wheat skin is probably the closest to the old Phicen suntan.

·
Adeno's Fun Time
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice find, even if not red. :) How is your S02 body deteriorating? Mine seems to be holding up. Speaking of skin tone, if we are talking about the same Phicen product, I have noticed that the head skin tone is not exactly the same as the body skin tone. At any rate, Jiaou Doll wheat skin is probably the closest to the old Phicen suntan.
Yup it's a pretty dress, even the promo pics on Ebay show it as pink lol!

The deterioration strangely happens "symmetrically". For example, under her two arms, there's a slit one each! Exact same location! Also the wrist area is the same. The pegs are actually visible now and I only managed to hide them by pulling her "skin" down a little bit as if it's a sweater and then pressed them against her body to make them hold position. The shoulder area is where things have gone really wrong. Back in 2014 when I first got her it's noticeable that everything about her was firm. Nowadays, her silicone in her shoulder area seems "sloppy". It's like... imagine having a steel frame skeleton instead except of silicone surrounding it, it's yogurt. It's somewhat like that. The silicone has gone very soft and if you raise her arms the skin distorts into a horrible mess unlike when she was brand new! Her feet also has the "metal poking out" problem which I tried to fix with a little silicone glue, but eventually it didn't work anymore so I just used clear tape to wrap her "wound".

I never really posed PLMB2014-S02 in extreme poses, she's usually just standing around or doing easy modeling shots.

Interestingly, my two other Phicen dolls (an Asian Shi Kirei and a Demon Huntress) haven't deteriorated one bit at all. Their skin/meat feels different than the original PLMB2014-S02. Way firmer and that's probably why they haven't deteriorated despite the time that has passed. Anyway it's sad that Phicen has stopped making the original tan color, I once managed to get ahold of another PLMB2014-S02 but it's already called "suntan" which is paler :(

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
I am sorry to hear about the action figure body deterioration, but thank you for the particulars. It may be that these earlier Phicens do not age quite as well, or perhaps something wasn't quite right in the silicone mix out of which your specific body was made. Is it possible you have been storing it in a different and more detrimental environment. Mine seems to be holding up so far, but then again it has not been too much out of its box, except for a few days at a time, and that in a blue moon.
As I was inspecting mine, I checked against the my wheat and KT Jiaou bodies. The tan color of Phicen's S02 silicon body itself is closer to Jiaou's KT. However, the sculpted head of Phicen's tan S02 is actually closer to Jiaou's wheat, so that is what you should look for as a replacement (if you ask me). And you will have a choice of whether you want the useless floppy feet (Jiaou's make a horrible twist at the ankle if you are trying to position them for heels--see my review HERE) or whether you want the detachable feet which allow the figure to stand on its own.
Nice girl's night out, by the way.
Hope this helps.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
The dress looks good on this figure. The color isn't bad but red would probably be better.
I have an old suntan S02 but it is a 2015 model. Mine has similar problems, just not as bad. There is a slit on only one side below the arm pit. Also small tears under the feet from the foot paddles. I was able to repair with silicon. But the figure doesn't have any soggy skin problems. I wonder if the old tan and suntan have more problems than the new suntan and pale bodies. All my new suntans are mint. I also bought a pale S01 at the same time as the S02. The S01 is still mint, except for faded blushing.
I think one thing to keep these silicon bodies in good shape is to avoid skin oil, which I would think is an enemy of silicon. I'm sure it's important to keep them powdered. If I think a figure is dirty or has skin oil on it, I wash the figure with mild soap and water then re-powder.
J-doll wheat is the only color I can think of too.

·
Adeno's Fun Time
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! For environment, nothing extreme really. Never been exposed to heat like in Texas, never been exposed to cold like in North Pole.

Anyway I think I'll go check out the wheat Jiaou doll, thank you very much for the great review! I think that body will work! I'll be picking the one with detachable feet, don't want any future metal feet poking out lol!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I recently picked up the TBL/Phicen 23B and found it to be a good match to my S02.
I'm not sure if my eyes are going (possible :p) but colour of the head was a very close match. Only 'fault' I've found is that the 'ball' on the figure is smaller so the head swivels really easily!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts