One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
A lot of Aussies tuck them in whilst out bush -
b.) unbloused shirts can 'ride up' under the webbing/LBE during strenuous activities, tucking them in helps keep them 'anchored'.
I always tucked mine in for the above reason. Then again i would also go "commando" with an open fly on long marches so I may not be the best person to take fashion advice from.:think

·
Iffy at best
1,765 Posts
Before OEF and IBA's we would tuck in our tops for our abn ops and keep them tucked in while running our lanes because of bugs, dirt and your top makes a great "drop pouch" for your empty mags. During combat we did it for some of the same reasons, plus another huge factor is fire. If you've ever been hit by an IED and englufed in flames you want at much of your body protected as possible. I would rather deal with no airflow than 3rd degree burns up my backside. To be honest I also think it looks better, you see a guy wearing a uniform a size too big and then puts on his kit, he will look like he's wearing a tutu...goofy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My only experience is airsoft, but I've never seen a BDU top tucked in. I've always worn an undershirt tucked in tho to stop the bugs and other what-nots from climbing up.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I don't think airsoft counts~
LOL.

I remember a CSM once telling us our uniforms were a well kept secret cooling machine....this of course was during the dead of a blistering Texas summer with sweat pouring off of us. At least we got a chuckle from the comment....after he was well out of range of course.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've never seen someone tuck in a BDU blouse during an airsoft game. But I guess that doesn't matter. I mean its not like people playing airsoft could ever care about accuracy or comfort...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Once again, airsoft, paintball, etc...it don't matter, the question was asked by Armchair Ranger: I've noticed in some pictures that some US soldiers/marines tuck their BDUs in their pants. Is this normally done in a desert enviroment? What is preferred? So, if you have no real military experience it don't matter!

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Just look at the fat F&%KING POS firing the pistol and you'll know it's not real!
Oh come on maybe he was just a REMF that loved MRE's. :tongue

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
There was another photo of that kid hanging around the net sometime ago. He was carrying a 240, which is on the ground behind him in this scene. And iirc correctly, the obese kid was a legit victim to some thyroid condition.

And I do have to admit that I only wish I had this level of toys available to me when I was a wee lad!! Sure beats the little toy plastic M1 helmet , rifles we had!!

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Brother when I was a wee lad we just used BB guns on each other.
Some of the older kids in the neighborhood were doing that until one lost an eye:doh Of course, it couldn't have happened to a better person, as he was the type that even as a young one, everyone knew was nothing but a grade A POS and trouble! Even to this day, I am not all together sure it was accident, heh. And by the time I was I old enough to have any sort of projectile throwing weapon, I already had my hunting rifles, so BB guns were childs play:lol

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Some of the older kids in the neighborhood were doing that until one lost an eye:doh Of course, it couldn't have happened to a better person, as he was the type that even as a young one, everyone knew was nothing but a grade A POS and trouble! Even to this day, I am not all together sure it was accident, heh. And by the time I was I old enough to have any sort of projectile throwing weapon, I already had my hunting rifles, so BB guns were childs play:lol
Was his name Ralphie ?? sorry Christmas Story referrence. We took some injuries as well but what the hell it just made us tough. lol

21 - 40 of 47 Posts