One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to enter BBICN forum on my mobile today and found myself starring at the login page in chinese! Is everybody else experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I tried to enter BBICN forum on my mobile today and found myself starring at the login page in chinese! Is everybody else experiencing the same thing?
I see a message in English:

The forum is still under maintenance and will be opened as soon as possible. Please give me a lot of inconvenience.
Earlier there was a different message stating a time when it would be back up.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
I just checked and it seems to be working fine now. I have no idea what the deal was with encountering the login page but I checked that as well and you don't need to be logged in to view threads. I actually created an account years ago and it's not that difficult if you're using a browser with automatic translation. To me it was worth the effort. The only thing that is an issue (and it's very minor) is that I can't verify my phone number but that just gives me a small message box that I can close and then proceed with no problems. I don't speak Chinese so I very rarely post anything there but on the few occasions that I have, everyone was very friendly and they were fine with my posting in English. It actually seems like a very friendly forum.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it is ok today. It seems it was under maintenance last night, and I didn't have google translator on Firefox mobile. Sorry for the alarm folks!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to get in this evening directly through my forum link, and I got the 'Service Unavailable' message. So I went to the http://www.bbicn.com/ page, but could not find any login there. How did yo manage to setup a login account Minotaur? Which page did you go to?

PS. OK I found this page http://bbs.bbicn.com/member.php?mod=register, but it currently says: Sorry, currently the site ban new user registration.

Next they will want to collect money subscription!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I tried to get in this evening directly through my forum link, and I got the 'Service Unavailable' message. So I went to the http://www.bbicn.com/ page, but could not find any login there. How did yo manage to setup a login account Minotaur? Which page did you go to?

PS. OK I found this page http://bbs.bbicn.com/member.php?mod=register, but it currently says: Sorry, currently the site ban new user registration.

Next they will want to collect money subscription!!!
It was on the page that came up first, where the error message was showing the other day:

?? - ???? - Powered by Discuz!

But at the moment they've gone off line again:

The forum is still under maintenance and will be opened as soon as possible. Please give me a lot of inconvenience.

·
Registered
63 Posts
One good thing about being forced to register is that you can set your local time zone, which makes it a lot easier to see which posts have been made since your last visit.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Question for Minotaur: Does BBICN send you a confirmation email after registering or change of email? I thought I saw that when I changed to another email address, but when I checked my inbox and junk mail box I did not find anything.

Tonight, BBICN seems to be offline. I con't even get on the website to login.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Question for Minotaur: Does BBICN send you a confirmation email after registering or change of email? I thought I saw that when I changed to another email address, but when I checked my inbox and junk mail box I did not find anything.

Surprisingly there was no confirmation email. They just let me in right after I registered.

They're still offline at the moment. Page won't even open. It's been like that on and off since the problem first arose.

This page isn't working
bbs.bbicn.com didn't send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

·
Goon Squad
28 Posts

It says when I registered that no confirmation email would be sent, but also says and I quote translated "periodic confirmation emails/text messages would be conducted to random accounts".
Hope this helps. And yes it's been on and off since the site maintenance over the weekend.

·
Lurker
333 Posts
Whenever I try to register I'll fill everything out and hit the button, but it does nothing? No message or anything pops up, but it doesn't seem to work. I had this problem a couple years ago, finally managed to register, but then my account was deleted for some reason. Anyone else ever have this problem?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was on the page that came up first, where the error message was showing the other day:

?? - ???? - Powered by Discuz!

But at the moment they've gone off line again:
Whenever I try to register I'll fill everything out and hit the button, but it does nothing? No message or anything pops up, but it doesn't seem to work. I had this problem a couple years ago, finally managed to register, but then my account was deleted for some reason. Anyone else ever have this problem?
Vertebrae, suggest you use the link provided by Manotaur. I had a similar problem until I used that link.

·
Lurker
333 Posts
Seems to be an issue with using google translate. I'm able to log in while opening the site untranslated. How are you guys using BBICN? I'm assuming with Chrome's auto translate feature? I'm using it with Firefox and going to the google translate page.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seems to be an issue with using google translate. I'm able to log in while opening the site untranslated. How are you guys using BBICN? I'm assuming with Chrome's auto translate feature? I'm using it with Firefox and going to the google translate page.
I'm using Chrome and letting it translate itself. Sometimes it can be a bit slow but it usually works. Though the quality of the translation leaves a lot to be desired!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm using Firefox with the s3 translator plugin on my desktop. It's faster than the Chrome translator, and I can activate it to translate on & off where needed. I use chrome with google translator on my mobile which could take quite a while sometimes.

·
Lurker
333 Posts
I'm using Firefox with the s3 translator plugin on my desktop. It's faster than the Chrome translator, and I can activate it to translate on & off where needed. I use chrome with google translator on my mobile which could take quite a while sometimes.
Thanks for the advice. I installed S3 and it's definitely better than using google translate the old fashioned way of translating the page, which didn't seem to translate some pop ups and locked me out of certain things for some reason.

One last question. How can I view adult content? I have seen a few threads with hidden pictures, mostly just Phicen nudity, and it has a message that says to reply to view hidden content... But when I hit the buttton it says "Sorrry no longer accepting new content" or something along those lines. I'm guessing this is a translation error? Do I need to confirm an age or something in my profile?

Edit: I'm beginning to think anything adult is against the rules and deleted +thread locked? Seems to make sense to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts