One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a couple of the closed grip/bipod attachments like the type that came with Joe Brennan, and I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but they seem to be made of Delrin instead of polystyrene - mainly because I can't get any kind of glue to stick to them (Delrin is non-reactive and very slick like teflon.) I just can't seem to get them to glue onto anything, and I just may end up deeming them worthless.

It's got me wondering - are these the real deal, or are they recasts for them to be made of this kind of material (which works great for model railroad trucks and such)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I have BBI, DR Figures, and ACE ones which all seem to be the same except the details...and all have stuck to the weapons I've applied them to with superglue just fine... the ones you have must have some sort of factory defect perhaps..I do sand/file the contact area down usually so maybe that might help you.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Try cleaning the surface with some rubbing alcohol. It's probably coated in some sort of goo from the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it's definitely not some goo. I've cut well into the plastic, and I can't get it to react to Plastruct, MEK, acetone or paint stripper. It has the look and feel of Delrin, making me more convinced than ever that these are recasts.

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Yea they are selling recasts of other items. It's all very high quality though (at least what I saw), which leads me to think all of them are made at the factory that produced originals. Never had a problem with their plastic either...

Have you tried using two part epoxy instead of crazy glue yet? Another idea is to drill a small thin hole on the rifle and in the middle of grip, stick a metal wire in there (you can use one of the twists that held figure inside of the box) and glue them together this way - this makes for a much stronger and durable bond.

Cheers,

Alexei

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.