One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new BBi figure (Rudi Kessling, the DAK Gebirgsjager) and have a problem that one leg seems to be longer than the other (although it may be related to my second question).

In addition, the 'ratchet' effect on the joints at the top of the legs means that the legs can't close in the attention position, but keep springing apart to the 'at ease' position.

Any ideas how to fix this please?

Thanks,

David.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Just try working it back and forth until it loosens up a bit and it might stay that way. I think the G3.5 series can do it, if you ratchet the legs inwards close enough.

The one leg longer than the other issue, it might be related to how the legs and hip are actually positioned, though I do feel that sometimes one is longer than the other after fully dressed. Probably something snagged or stuck somewhere.

For the longest time I was under the impression that the G3 body couldn't really put its legs into the attention position, and thought the only way to fix it was by chopping the legs and taking out a chunk before gluing them back together. I remember some tutorial at a Japanese site, probably Kaz' work, but I do this anyway to shorten the body so it never bugged me. I don't think they were designed with the attention pose in mind so that may be why it springs back. It could have been built to stand in that posture only.

Eh... weird, half of my unmodded G3/.5s [Thanks Sgt.Schultz!] can do it, the other half can't lol.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Hmm,

If you try and move both legs inwards at the same time, it won't do it, but, if you move one leg inwards as far as you dare and then bring the other leg in to join it, it will do it. Adjusting the hips does take care of the leg length issue.

CHEERS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.