One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me about this guy, i'm seeing him everywhere and i'm not sure what company he comes from or availability, seems to be bbi but is says customcraft as well, is that like bbi's equivalent of cyber hobby?

thanks!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Custom Craft has done a couple of figures or collaborations that I am aware of. They did the 101st Miller figure modeled after Bull from BoB. They also did a collaboration with DiD of an SS Scharfuhrer. Not sure if they do anything on their own or just team up.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I picked up a BBI/Custom Craft USAF CCT figure and was quite please with it. If this team up works the same as that one, what you should get is an all BBI body (G3.5) and HS, but with Custom Craft gear (i.e. BBI quality +). The packaging for the CCT figure was a plain brown box with some BBI/Custom Craft stickers on it as opposed to the usual BBI packaging with photos and other graphics, so you basically paid for the contents. I have no idea what the packaging would be here.

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,198 Posts
What you see is what you get , but the camo suit is bogus in just the same way as the one produced by DML ( do these people have to copy every move of their competitors , even the mistakes ? ): it's supposed to be a Windproof , but they've printed it with a Denison smock camo . ..that and the fact that the BW didn't wear a badge on their Tam.
The Bergen's nice but far too pale ; the Bren's nice !

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
As Tony says the Windproof is denison based and incorrect. It was DMl who copied in this case though as the CC figure was available a long time before DML's Wes Unworthy. The Tam is incorrect as indicated and the webbing and Gear is bbi and quite good. The gear from memory is the equipment card from the Desert Commando by bbi.
Customcraft did a few good figures and carded sets one of which was the much sought after Gulf War Brit. I personally believe most of that one to be better than DML's.
Cheers
Al

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What you see is what you get , but the camo suit is bogus in just the same way as the one produced by DML ( do these people have to copy every move of their competitors , even the mistakes ? ): it's supposed to be a Windproof , but they've printed it with a Denison smock camo . ..that and the fact that the BW didn't wear a badge on their Tam.
The Bergen's nice but far too pale ; the Bren's nice !
So that enables DML wes worthy innacurate as well? Damn, he's a favourite:D although i didn't put the camo trousers on, i just left it with the brown pants and the smock.
Which leads me to the question, has he got a brown British uniform beneath the camo gear? I mean the proper jacket, not just the undershirt like with Wes.
thanks for all the answers

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
So that enables DML wes worthy innacurate as well? Damn, he's a favourite:D although i didn't put the camo trousers on, i just left it with the brown pants and the smock.
Which leads me to the question, has he got a brown British uniform beneath the camo gear? I mean the proper jacket, not just the undershirt like with Wes.
thanks for all the answers
The "Brown" uniform is battledress the standard Brit uniform although it should not have flaired trouser ends. DML have copied the same mistake with the Windproof and just used their Denison material for the windproof. Despite much ranting and name calling by the DML apologists and experten who don't even understand the brit Rank and command structure they were never made in Denison Cam. Any picture of the windproof will indicate just how different a cam it is. They made the first mistake with the SAS trooper NWE (Laird?) and despite being informed of the gros eror repeated it with Worthy and then for reasons known only to DML decided that instead of a normal tank oversuit which was wanted by the masses they would do the ultra rare camouflaged variant in the same incorrect Denison cam, fuerther enrageing Brit collectors who by this stage were sick of the second class effort being made.
The Windproof should look like this:

Spanner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.