One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I promise that i searched this entire site first, but didnt find my answer, so i bring this to the masses:

did BBI actually produce 2 different Bobcat figures, an AA & a Caucasian?

and does anyone have comparative pics?

i have the white guy, but the BBI site shows him as AA, am i missing something?

help!!

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I really like the Bobcat HS. It is one of my favorites from BBi. I have three Bobcat HS and each one is mocha colored. This in concert with the HS looking somewhat like Laurence Fishburne, I always assumed it was a AA HS. I have never seen one that was more Caucasian in coloring. Perhaps you can display a picture.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya know, i am at WORK right now :( so i dont have the pics of my dude on me.. but MY Bobcat looks exactly like "MACK" from Futureweapons in the Military Channel. if you go into the BBI website though, there is a picture of BOBCAT, looking VERY AA.it almost looks like a totally different figure. now, i know, Hasbro does this, they take the same JOE HS & just repaint it, but i have never seen this done with BBI.
if you have a pic of your AA version, i would love to see him!
thanks.

·
marios1
313 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Vietnaminter!
i look at this HS & depending on the lighting, it looks like the white guy i have.. he isnt really mocha at all.

this is the pic from BBIs site, this looks darker than anything i have seen before

Attachments

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
That's not a white guy, it's just strong lighting or overzealous adjustments in the photo. Bobcat was only ever a black dude resembling Lawrence Fishburn. My Bobcat is a sorta medium coffee brown, nowhere as dark as the Samuel L Jackson-ish sculpt on the BBi black Bodybuilder figure, but an African dude nonetheless.

Edit: Look at the NVG, in real life, that thing is black, not light grey. That shows the amount the photo was played with before being posted.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
ya know, i am at WORK right now :( so i dont have the pics of my dude on me.. but MY Bobcat looks exactly like "MACK" from Futureweapons in the Military Channel. if you go into the BBI website though, there is a picture of BOBCAT, looking VERY AA.it almost looks like a totally different figure. now, i know, Hasbro does this, they take the same JOE HS & just repaint it, but i have never seen this done with BBI.
if you have a pic of your AA version, i would love to see him!
thanks.
Smallville069:

Here are a few pictures.

img]http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/photo/data/500/medium/75th_RNG_On_Dirt_Bike_v5_024.JPG[/img]

This looks mocha color to me and I had a lot of light on the figure. I may even have used Photoshop to enhance or balance to colors. I don't really remember. However, all the Bobcats I have seen are mocha, light brown HS. If you want a comparison, Bobcat is the same color as Hot Toys SGT Apone from the Alien movie.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i have asked the opinion of my vast 1:1 friends.. :) they agree that he is AA, i guess that since i got him on a caucasian body, i just assumed that he was white.
*ok, no comments about assumptions*

here are the pics of MY "Mack" .. ready to test new weapon tech!!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,121 Posts
I believe the original Bobcat AA sculpt came on a caucasian BBI body. There have been some recasts of this sculpt lately, and all are on copied BBI bodies that are caucasian as well.

As far as I am aware BBI never made an AA G3.5 body. The original Bobcat sculpt is a lighter skinned AA sculpt. And an awesome sculpt it is too.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
^Ditto, Bobcat was made by BBi as a light AA sculpt.

The other variants were recasts that have been around some time, I liked one that was a reddish-mocha [lol what colour is mocha?] with a crew-cut hair style added.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
My Bobcat sculpt has a fairly light skin tone - I used him for my Hitman bash.

I think the BBi sculpt that looked like Mack from Future Weapons was "Cody".

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have "CODY", he was a Dragon. great HS with him too!!

i'm ashamed to admit this, but when i tried to UPLOAD my pics, they were too big :(

is there something i'm doing wrong? i see these great pics & have to believe that my pics arent bigger than these..

again, HELP!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts