One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting this guy boxed to break him down and bash him. Anyone got him or have any thoughts on him? Should I just buy loose parts from other makers to get to a USMC bash in the Marine digital? Anybody else notice that the Marine figures tend to sell for more, are more difficult to find, and retain more value (just a little side thought)?

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I have a set of his cammies with matching helmet and I think they're quite nice.
I swapped the helmet out and covered a plastic helmet because I didn't like the weight and chinstrap though.

I like the weight of BBi's uniforms over the others, but for the most part, the green MARPAT by any manufacturer is pretty good, whether BBi, TS, HT and DML. The last two I have no experience with though. ST's parka goes well with the BBi print as well as the TS.

He might be hard to find now just because its been 4~ years since his release, DML's version is about that old, and TS's version about a year or two old now, but I don't think many figures retain much value other than those lauded by collectors and scalped by others on ebay.
The BBi figure or even the TS figure can both be fetched for decent prices IMHO as long as you're willing to look and take your time.

Swap his body armour with a coyote IBA with pouches, coyote boots and give him along rifle and he's good to go as a current era Marine. If you need any references, the USMC relief mission in Haiti, various training missions in Africa, or the Force Recon protective detail in Mongolia a few years ago would be good starts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.