One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Action Fuger!
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kicked off last night and it was outstanding!

Can't wait to see how this last season plays out.

And I hope they didn't use the entire season's budget in the first 10 minutes of this show! :rolling

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Rofl. The scene was awesome though, and the opening sequence [with the creds] showed some really cool to look forward to scenes later in the show. I'm kinda sad its all gonna come to an end, and I haven't seen the in between specials or Razor yet!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Thank Goodness its coming back. This is a superb series, unfortunately it never made its way to these shores except as boxed sets of DVD's . looks like a couple years wait yet!
What are the specials and Razor?
Spanner

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Before season 3, [I think] there were several ~10 min web-isodes to catch you up on what had been happening during the hiatus, side stories and whatnot; and then last winter they put out BSG Razor, detailing some accounts from the Pegasus/crew before they ever linked up with the Galactica fleet. Kind of sketchy but I think thats about it.

·
Action Fuger!
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were also a few webisodes that tied into Razor. Some of them were in the Razor that aired on TV. They might all be on the DVD.

The webisodes before season 3 about the resistance were very good.

·
1:6 Casuality
1,122 Posts
Anyone see the pic over at SciFi.com? It's the cast and they're all at a table ala The Last Supper. There's only 12 people in the shot compared to the Last Supper (13). Maybe they intentionally left off the 12th Cyclon in the pic (the Judas???).
Anyways, will be fun to speculate and see how that pic at SciFi relates to things when it's all said and done.
Happy that it's back and will miss it when it's gone :(

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
If you have the uncut version of razor the webisodes were included back into the movie and it kinda made the movie a little better. Adama has a flashback to the first cylon war and his encounter with the cylon hybrid that is in the new series.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm glad it back great pick up from were it left off, but I heard that there will be only 10 new episodes and the rest will be shown in 09 because of the writers strike. Did anybody know if its true?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, only the first ten episodes were completed before the writers strike, but there's been no firm date set for the final stretch. They only got back to filming the second half a couple weeks ago, so I think we're looking for a return this Fall at the earliest. (The visual effects guys need time to work the last of their magic.) It wouldn't surprised me if they stretched it into '09, but only time will tell.

And for anyone who only saw Razor on TV, I'd definitely recommend checking out the uncut version. There's two sequences dealing with the first Cylon War alone that I think are worth it. The first is a very important one dealing with little Cain that I can't believe was left out of the broadcast version. The other is an effects bonanza dealing with 'Husker' Adama in his Viper that is a complete visual treat. All in all there's about 16 minutes of restored footage. (From extra destruction at Scorpian Fleet Shipyards to extra brain splatter!)

Anyway, the Season 4 opener was one of the coolest openers for any series. I too hope they didn't blow the whole budget. Hopefully the postponement in production will allow them to put all those Season 3 DVD dollars to good use.

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
And for anyone who only saw Razor on TV, I'd definitely recommend checking out the uncut version.

Anyway, the Season 4 opener was one of the coolest openers for any series. I too hope they didn't blow the whole budget. Hopefully the postponement in production will allow them to put all those Season 3 DVD dollars to good use.
I was sitting there in awe watching the opener. There were even some new fighters that I had not seen before. I was sitting there thinking the same thing about the budget. My jaw dropped during the opener. I won't spoil it, but if you saw it then I think you know what I'm talking about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.